How Long Is HTC Going To Keep Early Upgraders Hanging?

SpringerRider

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
People need to realize that if you installed the .3 update, that was on you. I was one of the ones that impatiantly installed the leaked update, but I'm smart enough to realize that I did that on my own accord; HTC doesn't owe me anything for installing something they didn't tell me to install. And before you say this was an official update that was hosted by HTC, HTC or Sprint never told you to install that update. They said a manual update may be available before the OTA, but they didn't publically say the leaked file was "THE update"; it was simply "an update" hosted by HTC. Got it? :)

I am not complaining but I don't care how you slice it, that was an unofficial "Official" release. I am a developer at UPS and I can assure you that there is no way our software would find its way to a public server, non-password protected, open to John Q. Public, unless they wanted it installed. Think about it!!!

Possibly there is one of their developers crusing these forums and "planted" the relase for some late bata testing. Who better to test it on than people like us?

For all we know, their could be tracking logs embedded in the software to upload our bugs. For what it is worthm I think we are performing an unpaid service.

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Smh as one of the early adapters we should know unless its pushed to us or given by a reputable source Sprint. That we are taking a risk. Should it had been up for download no that's where I name HTC and sprint but the rest is our fault. No one made us download it. I just wish HTC would have put there warning up earlier as to cut the confusion. So as I have been saying repeatedly we all are at fault (sprint,HTC and us ) I just wish we as a community had this same kind of Passion with why our market sucks in regards to good apps.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
There was a lot of evidence to lead to the logical conclusion that .3 was the 2.2 udpate...

1) Engadget announces froyo and says rollout is going to happen on Friday for early adapters.
2) Engadget gets the official announcement of August 3rd for OTA, no word for early adopters.
3) Friday comes, people are surfing for information. Sprint updates their software release notes to .3, making most people think it's coming.
4) HTC and Engadget have the froyo manual file that is the .3 sprint says.

Again, leads to the very logical conclusion that .3 on Friday was the legit copy.

One question...did HTC or Sprint say the .3 leaked file was THE official Froyo update?

Edit: To be complete, I was eager enough to installed the .3 file last Friday like many people, but I did so realizing it may not have been officially sanctioned so I'm waiting for the official update for us .3 updaters like everyone else.

Last edited:

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Lol @ Engadget says...

Since when are they the be all end all? Notice that they have to insert updates in posts several times once truths come out?

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
One question...did HTC or Sprint say the .3 leaked file was THE official Froyo update?

Edit: To be complete, I was eager enough to installed the .3 file last Friday like many people, but I did so realizing it may not have been officially sanctioned so I'm waiting for the official update for us .3 updaters like everyone else.

No. It came up, no one said anything, then HTC was "yeah..don't download that".

Lol @ Engadget says...

Since when are they the be all end all? Notice that they have to insert updates in posts several times once truths come out?

They aren't...but when you add in they say Friday, OFFICIAL SPRINT release notes of .3 on Friday, and then file shows up on Friday...well 1+1 = 2

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The safest and only way to receive an official update is OTA. Receiving an update through any other distribution is at your own risk.

Edit: Okay cleaned things up and I'm re-opening. Please leave out the personal attacks, name calling, and swearing. Thanks to the person who took the time to PM me.

Last edited:

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
People need to realize that if you installed the .3 update, that was on you. I was one of the ones that impatiantly installed the leaked update, but I'm smart enough to realize that I did that on my own accord; HTC doesn't owe me anything for installing something they didn't tell me to install. And before you say this was an official update that was hosted by HTC, HTC or Sprint never told you to install that update. They said a manual update may be available before the OTA, but they didn't publically say the leaked file was "THE update"; it was simply "an update" hosted by HTC. Got it? :)

And what part of the first 2 posts makes u think u need to post this. If they were complaining or something I could see it but seriously posting this as the 3rd post in the thread makes u look like a troll. If u don't have anything contributing or worth while saying shut up and move on.

ejc1214

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The fact of the matter is that same issues plaguing .3 are plaguing .6 version. HTC is working on it according to Sprint tech support. Patch will be out in near future for the known issues.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
This leaked update has got to go.

I'm so friggin pissed right now. Kicking myself for having ever installed that worthless update. Ever since the update I've noticed a significant decrease in battery and performance, no doubt thanks in no small part to the fact that it does whatever the hell it wants to, ie opens tons of programs no matter how many times I kill them with the task killer. I mean I literally kill the app and watch open back up almost instantaneously even with auto kill, compound that with that crap facebook put out and youve got one hell of a headache. I even factory reset and re installed every thing accomplishing absolutely nothing. Oh yeah and the best part only corporate stores have access to the fix at the moment and of course there isn't one of those even remotely near by. AWESOME! Sorry just needed to blow off some steam while I not so patiently wait for my fix. I'll be glad when CM6 goes official. I'm done with early release builds and betas for a while. Well thanks in advance to any of those who take the time to read this rant, especially to any of those that may have any advice to offer. Peace.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
search the thread. whining about it isn't going to do anything. A fix from HTC is on the way. In the meantime, just use your phone on a wall charger.

RBorden629

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine is running great I love the new features from the leaked update. My wife is running sprints update. Not all the features the leaked version. Tons more camera. Settings too.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey pal its my party and I can cry if I want to. Hmmmm search the forums what a great idea that would have never occurred to me to do that if you hadn't said something. Thanks pal. *Sarcasm*

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My .3 is pretty good, other than podcast. Both Google Listen and Podkast will hang in the notifcation bar, even after killing them from running services. The rest though works quite well.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
heck I updated AFTER Sprint and HTC said it wasn't the official build... I got the download well before they said this but after thinking about it for a while I made the jump any way.

So far .3 works great. No problems and not a single crash (yet?) There is virtually no difference between the two versions... Your looking at two versions of the same software.. It's 2.2 Froyo and they both do all the same things. Any difference is minimal just like the Software on the Verizon Drod Incredible (also made by HTC) will be slightly different than the version on the EVO..

Your still getting the overall same thing... So amazing how worked up some people have gotten over this. I'll wait for an OTA to ping my phone... When and IF that happens I will update... If not oh well.... The phone works great....

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My .3 is pretty good, other than podcast. Both Google Listen and Podkast will hang in the notifcation bar, even after killing them from running services. The rest though works quite well.

So I'm not crazy it was the leak killing my google listen. I'm gonna give the cooperate store a call tomorrow.

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
When that official OTA hits my phone. I'm waiting it out, phone works fine with the leak. The moment a root method is available for either .3 or .6, I'm on it :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall