Got to ask? How to take an EVO apart.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I work with a lot of electronics on take apart a lot of different devices, so the question is has anyone explored the insides yet and successfully put it back together? It looks pretty easy other than the front glass thats glued down. Please no flaming or sarcastic comments. I have no problems and I'm just curious. I'm thinking about getting an eBay one to take apart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I work with a lot of electronics on take apart a lot of different devices, so the question is has anyone explored the insides yet and successfully put it back together? It looks pretty easy other than the front glass thats glued down. Please no flaming or sarcastic comments. I have no problems and I'm just curious. I'm thinking about getting an eBay one to take apart.

since you're on like your 18th replacement EVO, i don't think you should tinker.

just try to enjoy your device.

best wishes.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to be rude or whatever but why do you want to take it apart?

I imagine there's some sort of clips and adhesives holding the glass.

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Not trying to be rude or whatever but why do you want to take it apart?

I imagine there's some sort of clips and adhesives holding the glass.

I imagine probably because he's curious ;)

w1kk3d

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site

If the glass is glued down, more than likely you will need to hit it with a hair dryer for a minute or so. I opened up a refurbished unit a few weeks ago just check out the internals but never got down to the glass.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I generally only take things apart when they are broken. Exploration surgery isn't the best idea with a phone like this ( I can understand the curiosity though). That Ifixit guide is a good place to start though.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Well for starters I love electronics, and I love seeing what's in them. I'm not planning on taking mine apart at all. I plan on getting a broken one and fixing it and reselling it. There's nothing wrong with my current one. I have fixed a few psp's and resold them. That's all.

There are a few on eBay with broken glass and would like to fix them and sell them. This device is still in high demand and I thought I could make a little extra cash.

It's the front glass/digitizer that seems to be the tricky part, I don't know what I could use to glue the new part down.

Last edited:

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Well for starters I love electronics, and I love seeing what's in them. I'm not planning on taking mine apart at all. I plan on getting a broken one and fixing it and reselling it. There's nothing wrong with my current one. I have fixed a few psp's and resold them. That's all.

There are a few on eBay with broken glass and would like to fix them and sell them. This device is still in high demand and I thought I could make a little extra cash.

It's the front glass/digitizer that seems to be the tricky part, I don't know what I could use to glue the new part down.

Maybe you'll do a better job than the factory :D

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
The digitizer and the glass can be seperated with a hair dryer and the replacement glass already has the adhesive on it.
Really, good to know. I don't know if I will get some extra cash to get one but if I do I'll post a tut on how here. I'm not taking my current one apart unless I have a problem. It looks like a piece of cake to take apart compared to the palm pre. I got so sick of the loose slider that I took it apart and fixed it myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress