Battery at 50% in < 5 mins

Ravenouschaos

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I just got an Evo 4G a few days ago, now, it was used, so I'm not sure if that matters too much. I Usually run my phone until about 15% because that is when I get home and am able to charge it, haven't gotten a car charger yet. The past few days I have been charging my phone from ~15% to 100%, which usually takes 7-8 hours to begin with. In the morning the led is green and my battery widget reads 100%. I check my email or run some mundane task that takes less than 5 minutes and when I get back to the home screen the widget reads somewhere in the 50% range. I was able to plug it back in one time before I had to leave for work for about an hour and a half and was able to get back to the seventies. I usually freak and turn off everything, 3g, gps, blue tooth, syncing and am able to last ~8 hours with very minimal use. Any idea what could be causing this, it's quite annoying and I'm hoping someone can help me out. Thanks in advance!

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have one suggestion for u

seidio 3500mah

Ull never have battery problems EVER AGAIN, NO MATTER HOW MUCH U USE THE PHONE

~~life is just evoliscious!~~

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
There may be an app that you just downloaded that is sucking the juice out of your batt. Try using Watchdog and/or Spare Parts to figure out which app is running wild.

Also, get a spare battery, either an extended one or just an extra one. They are dirt cheap right now.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If your battery life is dropping to 50% or so in just 5 minutes, I'd guess that there must be some app that is not working as it should (like tube517 suggested).
Check your battery usage to see if you can pinpoint the app that is using up the maximum battery. Did you recently install any new app?

Also, is it normal for it to take 7-8 hours for the stock battery to charge from 15%? My 2600mAH battery (from sprint) always charges from 50% to 100% in an hour.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Let us know how the new battery works out. It sounds like the battery itself might be old or just bad. Maybe a new one will help.

nnb

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
NxTech3 hit it on the head. It should not take 7+ hours to charge any battery. Unless your using a super low current out put to do so. Essentially slow charging versus rapid charging.
One thing you dont mention, or i dont recall seeing, what battery is in it now? OEM Or aftermarket? What is its capacity? And you do mention your using a 700mAh charger.. Correct?
Also does your phone get really hot? If its going from 100% to 50% in a matter of minutes then a fully charged battery would make the device super hot. Thats a significant amount of power consumption in such a short period of time.
The other guess might be a false reading. You could try wiping the Davlik Cache. Google that if your not sure as i dont have the instructions in front of me. I also THINK there might be a place to wipe battery status, in the same menu as wiping the Davlik Cache.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The other guess might be a false reading. You could try wiping the Davlik Cache. Google that if your not sure as i dont have the instructions in front of me. I also THINK there might be a place to wipe battery status, in the same menu as wiping the Davlik Cache.

I don't think the OP will be able to wipe battery stats and the Dalvik Cache because they didn't state if they were rooted or not and unless they are rooted and have a custom recovery like Clockworkmod or Amon_RA, I don't think they can wipe anything.

Ravenouschaos

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for all the responses. :) My battery is the original HTC battery that comes with the phone. It always takes that long to charge, which I thought was odd to begin with, my hero would only take a few hour but I assumed that was normal for the much more powerful Evo, I guess not. The battery door gets warm, but nowhere near an alarming level. Watchdog reports nothing out of the ordinary, so it looks like its down to a bad battery. My phone is flashed, but as far as I can tell not rooted. I'll probably end up getting the seidio slim 1750mAh battery so I can have some more capacity without a larger phone. I'll let you all know how it goes, thank you all once again!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for all the responses. :) My battery is the original HTC battery that comes with the phone. It always takes that long to charge, which I thought was odd to begin with, my hero would only take a few hour but I assumed that was normal for the much more powerful Evo, I guess not. The battery door gets warm, but nowhere near an alarming level. Watchdog reports nothing out of the ordinary, so it looks like its down to a bad battery. My phone is flashed, but as far as I can tell not rooted. I'll probably end up getting the seidio slim 1750mAh battery so I can have some more capacity without a larger phone. I'll let you all know how it goes, thank you all once again!

Don't go with sedio,, bought one of there extended battery when I had a pre and tested it, it was just like a stock. Many others had same issue. I will never trust them again. I have a mugan 1800 and it is great. Go to mugan. Com. 40 bucks for a 1800 extended battery.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wongcheng