How many of you getting the EVO are coming from a Pre/Pixi?

So, which phone are you leaving for the EVO?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mkampy

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i wouldnt technically call it jumping ship. I have an Iphone (company paid for) but i will be getting an evo for personal use

Enable WIfI sharing and you will have one of the first 4G iphones !! :D

FWIW, I wont be jumping ship, just jumping platforms, BB8830 to Android. I was considering the Hero til I saw that the EVO is due out. Available to upgrade in Aug, but I will see what I can do !

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Bye Pre, it's been fun, I was an enthusiastic supporter, I made 5 of my friends get one, I checked the App Catalog several times a day but grew tired of the apps in there, grew tired of the inconsistent performance, grew tired of the TMC error, grew tired of overall sluggishness of the OS, grew tired of waiting 30 secs for Google maps to come up, grew tired of all the bad press. Man I just typed "grew tired" way too many times!

Then they announced the Evo, and I am as entusiastic about it as I was about the Pre when it was announced. I used to call Android "the dark side" and a clusterf*** of differnt OS versions (which is still partially true), but it seems Google is on track making good on that and keeping most phones on the same version. Now all they have to do is let us install games on the microSD card without having to resort to trickery so that the big time game developers embrace the Android OS as they do the true dark side, meaning, you know, that fruit company....

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Bye Pre, it's been fun, I was an enthusiastic supporter, I made 5 of my friends get one, I checked the App Catalog several times a day but grew tired of the apps in there, grew tired of the inconsistent performance, grew tired of the TMC error, grew tired of overall sluggishness of the OS, grew tired of waiting 30 secs for Google maps to come up, grew tired of all the bad press. Man I just typed "grew tired" way too many times!

Then they announced the Evo, and I am as entusiastic about it as I was about the Pre when it was announced. I used to call Android "the dark side" and a clusterf*** of differnt OS versions (which is still partially true), but it seems Google is on track making good on that and keeping most phones on the same version. Now all they have to do is let us install games on the microSD card without having to resort to trickery so that the big time game developers embrace the Android OS as they do the true dark side, meaning, you know, that fruit company....

The game manufacturers can place the meat and potatoes of the game on the sd card now if they want to. What they do though, is just use the SD card for storing cache (game data of completed success). The reason is that it isn't secure enough and pirating would be too easy. There needs to be some kind of encryption if you're going to put it on the SD card.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yep, that's what I am talking about, make it so that the Devs feel secure about their software not getting pirated and everyone will be happy. Gaming on the Pre was OK, but better on the iPhone due to the larger screen (and lack of TMC error), and it just has to be even better on 4.3" of screen real estate!

jstew10

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Another Pre convert. webOS is seriously awesome and it breaks my heart to give it up (no, I'm not being sarcastic). I was really hoping that Palm would right the ship and come out with a compelling webOS device, but i can't imagine anyone topping this device in the near future. Of course, I probably say that every year.

Yeah, I'll be grabing the Evo the instant Sprint will let me.

Scincidae

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I can't really afford to drop my current iPhone 3G + plan for the EVO but I am hoping my job lets me work again for the summer since I am a poor college student. I would love to be able to afford the Incredible or the EVO. (The cancellation + upfront cost of the phone is what I can't afford, not the monthly)

Race Harley

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
It seems like the hype went from the Nexus One to the Evo in a blink! I'm looking forward to the EVO myself. I haven't upgraded my phone in 5 years (Motorola RAZR) and every time I'm ready to buy a phone something else amazing comes out. :p

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
It seems like the hype went from the Nexus One to the Evo in a blink! I'm looking forward to the EVO myself. I haven't upgraded my phone in 5 years (Motorola RAZR) and every time I'm ready to buy a phone something else amazing comes out. :p

If WiMAX becomes dominant, I think the Evo will last two years (at least). Plus if you are on sprint, you get to upgrade every year if you are premier, which you will be if you get the bare minimum data plan.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, Sprint has a much better chance of gaining a lot of subscribers thanks to the Evo/4G than they did with the Pre. I am thinking this will be a good your for Sprint.