Facebook Gallery Stream

Jaysoze

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Go to your gallery. Click the options button. Click add media. Click Facebook. Click options and remove Facebook. Magic

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, you can't unless you remove Facebook from your phone. I asked HTC that very same question as my gallery is filled full of other people's pictures and HTC said it was a ''feature' of the phone and working as intended. It's annoying isn't it?

Last edited:

ChazTyldsley

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't want to see endless pictures of cats and what other people are having for dinner in my photos app and I am looking for a replacement photo album app that is close to the stock app but doesn't suck. I haven't found one yet.

Please share if you find one. I've also been looking, really not a fan of the gallery app whatsoever. Seems like such a simple app not to mess up yet somehow they've managed it...

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You can't choose to not sync pictures in accounts? I know on the S3 you can check events, contacts and gallery. Surprised that's not an option.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Apparently it is a 'bug' because unticking the 'Live Sync' button should remove it but doesn't... Hopefully an update fixes it

Unfortunately, you can't unless you remove Facebook from your phone. I asked HTC that very same question as my gallery is filled full of other people's pictures and HTC said it was a ''feature' of the phone and working as intended.

No, as I said, it's an intended feature.

Please go to the HTC UK Facebook page and search

Imagexvcfcvcx2.jpg

alex2aii

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
This problem with the gallery is my only gripe with the phone. I tried uninstalling facebook and ended up with an ugly "Friends" box. Once I re-installed facebook, I confirmed that the settings said it would NOT sync facebook photos but they still showed up in my gallery stream. This sucks. Hopefully someone finds a way to remove them or HTC will send out an update soon. I doubt the latter will happen.

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This problem with the gallery is my only gripe with the phone. I tried uninstalling facebook and ended up with an ugly "Friends" box. Once I re-installed facebook, I confirmed that the settings said it would NOT sync facebook photos but they still showed up in my gallery stream. This sucks. Hopefully someone finds a way to remove them or HTC will send out an update soon. I doubt the latter will happen.

I agree, once the photos get in the gallery then they are stuck there. There is no option to delete them. Right now, the only way to get rid of it, is to reset phone and make sure the HTC sense app in your facebook has been removed.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree, once the photos get in the gallery then they are stuck there. There is no option to delete them. Right now, the only way to get rid of it, is to reset phone and make sure the HTC sense app in your facebook has been removed.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Maybe an option is don't use that gallery, just use the one in the camera app. I agree, I hate seeing all the things people post in my photo gallery. Who the heck cares about other peoples farmville stuff and horoscopes?

For a while it was syncing with my Blinkfeed, but I was able to stop that with scorpiosdsu's help. HTC is all about Facebook, and seems to push it on us whenever it can. I like having the Facebook app to keep up with my family, but I should be able to segregate it from all other apps.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Does HTC not get that the whole thing about Android is customization! It's ridiculous for them to force feed things people don't want or for a repenstitive of the company to say it's working as they intended. It should be working the way the CUSTOMER intends. Why would I want to see other people's photos in my gallery when there is both blink feed as well as Facebook itself? It's redundant function that no one was asking for that I've ever heard.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Please share if you find one. I've also been looking, really not a fan of the gallery app whatsoever. Seems like such a simple app not to mess up yet somehow they've managed it...

Ok, here's what i did. I hid the gallery app. Then I downloaded an app called quick pic that someone mentioned. It seems to suck in all of your pics and none of facebook's. Problem solved, I hope. It seems to be very versatile, too.

smickoi

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
It's so annoying I only just signed into my Facebook and when I went to the gallery it was flooded with other people's annoying pictures.

The only work around I could find was to log out of Facebook app and log in the Web browser mobile Facebook Page and save the link to the home Page.

It's not as nice as the app but it removes other people's pics from the gallery.