New sounds for notifications, alarm, etc

raoden

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I copied few mp3 files to be used as Ringtone, Alarm sound, Notifications. I am unable to get the settings app to see them.

I have put a copy into the following folders
1) /sdcard/Ringtones
2) /sdcard/Notifications
3) /sdcard/Alarms
4) /sdcard/Music

I have rebooted the device also after copying the files to these locations. But I am unable to get the Settings app to see them. Any suggestions on how to get the settings to see these ringtones...

John Matuszek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Make a folder named media and inside that folder add the ring tones and notification folders and add them these. They should then show up in settings

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I dont understand, Can you not just hold down on the mp3 and in the pop up select 'set as ringtone' ,I havent tried so i dont know but it was that easy on previous phones i had

raoden

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I dont understand, Can you not just hold down on the mp3 and in the pop up select 'set as ringtone' ,I havent tried so i dont know but it was that easy on previous phones i had
This works only for Ringtones... I want to change the Notification tone and Alarms.

Make a folder named media and inside that folder add the ring tones and notification folders and add them these. They should then show up in settings

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't tried this one yet. But I finally found out that when the popup with the list of Ringtones is displayed (when you try to change the rigntone/notification/alarm), there is a "+" sign on the top right. Pressing that shows all the MP3s in Music, Ringtones, Notifications and Alarms folders. I saw my ringtone 4 times. So I deleted it from all but one location and now managed to add my ringtones. Hope this helps somebody else trying to find out.

aaronlam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Ugh. When I try to assign a different MP3 from the Personalize menu... I get a "Unfortunately, Soundset has stopped" error and end up having to delete the MP3 to reset.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I cannot set downloaded sms tones or notification tones in general. I can set as ringtone but I am trying to change email and sms to tones I have downloaded. Ugh.

66Crafty

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I have One XL with Jelly Bean (Ugghh)
Downloaded new (audible) notification sounds but they didn't show up in list of options for notifications.
Found them in music folder using Google music app.
Transferred sounds to PC using share option from file list (I used bluetooth)
Connected HTC to PC via USB as disk
Found folders on HTC: Media/audio/notifications and Internal storage/notifications
Drag and drop files into both folders (to be sure, to be sure)
Sounds now show up in option list of sounds for notifications on phone.
Now I can hear my phone ringing and dinging when I'm not holding it in front of my face!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress