slayer91790

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Does the HTC phone NFC do the same as the Samsung Galaxy beam? Allow you to transfer movies and pictures?
Thanks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Does the HTC phone NFC do the same as the Samsung Galaxy beam? Allow you to transfer movies and pictures?
Thanks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Yes. If you have an app open, say gallery, it'll do the assumed action for that (in that case, beam the current photo). Works just fine between two different makes of devices. NFC can also be used with NFC tags to launch tasks, apps, share a contact, etc.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes. If you have an app open, say gallery, it'll do the assumed action for that (in that case, beam the current photo). Works just fine between two different makes of devices. NFC can also be used with NFC tags to launch tasks, apps, share a contact, etc.

Not quite the same thing. They both have NFC, but Samsung's S Beam uses NFC to initiate a faster Wifi Direct connection for larger files. HTC doesn't have that.

david279

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
There are apps that do this. Try Superbeam in the market. I use it to send large videos from one phone to another.

Posted from my HTC One via Android Central App

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Not quite the same thing. They both have NFC, but Samsung's S Beam uses NFC to initiate a faster Wifi Direct connection for larger files. HTC doesn't have that.

Good to know--I just assumed "S-Beam" was Samsung's branding of a generic feature. You are right though, when beaming from my Nexus 7 to my One and vice-versa, using whatever Android has built in I believe it's only creating an ad-hoc Bluetooth network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anon247