Are the people who work for HTC USA brain dead?

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
After the updating debacle that has taken place with their previous phones, how in the world is it possible for HTC to take so long to release updates for the HTC One in the USA? It isn't like the update isn't finished yet b/c it's been available in other parts of the world for over a month now! They also can't blame the carriers b/c they haven't released the update for the unlocked 32 GB or the 64GB develop editions either! This can only be attributed to the fact that the people who work in their USA offices are either 1. brain dead or 2. are sitting on their hands and simply willing to let the company go into bankruptcy.

HTC stated when the One was released that it would receive a TIMELY update to 4.2.2 but even I'll admit I was foolish to fall for their nonsense once again. I'm done...I will never purchase another device from HTC again. If they want to know why they're continuing to lose market share even with the best device on the market, it's b/c their company has AWFUL customer support, they don't communicate with their customers at all, and they simply don't stand by their word or their products. They haven't even made a single statement regarding why the US release has been delayed...it's simply a joke.

I'm sorry for posting this simply to vent but at this point it's 100% justified and HTC deserves the backlash they're receiving.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
After the updating debacle that has taken place with their previous phones, how in the world is it possible for HTC to take so long to release updates for the HTC One in the USA? It isn't like the update isn't finished yet b/c it's been available in other parts of the world for over a month now! They also can't blame the carriers b/c they haven't released the update for the unlocked 32 GB or the 64GB develop editions either! This can only be attributed to the fact that the people who work in their USA offices are either 1. brain dead or 2. are sitting on their hands and simply willing to let the company go into bankruptcy.

HTC stated when the One was released that it would receive a TIMELY update to 4.2.2 but even I'll admit I was foolish to fall for their nonsense once again. I'm done...I will never purchase another device from HTC again. If they want to know why they're continuing to lose market share even with the best device on the market, it's b/c their company has AWFUL customer support, they don't communicate with their customers at all, and they simply don't stand by their word or their products. They haven't even made a single statement regarding why the US release has been delayed...it's simply a joke.

I'm sorry for posting this simply to vent but at this point it's 100% justified and HTC deserves the backlash they're receiving.

it has been roumered they may skip to 4.3 fie the us.

Posted via Android Central App

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
it has been roumered they may skip to 4.3 fie the us.

I've heard this rumor and it just substantiates my original post even further. If they worked hard to complete the update and we know its finished (based on the fact that most of the rest of the world has already received it) why in the world would they skip it for the unlocked devices!? MAYBE I could understand this for the carrier versions so they don't have to test both updates in such a short period of time but it simply makes NO sense for the devices purchased directly from HTC. Throw in the fact that they haven't said a word about it and it just shows how pathetic the company is at communicating with their loyal customers. Terrible terrible management.

swimmaholic

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Although I have an AT&T HTC One, I agree that there has been a huge lack of communication and support for the unlocked US HTC Ones. It's sad because this phone is awesome otherwise. Really hope the money (or lack there of) can get HTC to wake up.

Posted via my HTC One or S4 using the Android Central App

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I feel your frustration, even though I don't have the HTC One. I was frustrated that the HTC One GPE didn't have Google Wallet, a choice made by HTC. I think that the One is a good device; it would be a great device if it weren't made by HTC.

Unfortunately, until we hit them in their pockets, HTC won't get better. I would think that their pockets would be drained by now, though.

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
My nexus had 4.2.. Its not really a big deal.

Whether the update is a big deal or not is not really the point. It's the principle.

U haven't learned that if u want timely updates u need a nexus?

4.2 was released by Google in November of last year. It's no longer an issue of TIMELY updates. We're talking about complete lack of respect for the consumer at this point.

RattleSnake506

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I completely agree with you. I have a HTC one unlocked and the updates are the fist reason why I bought the Unlocked version and this is unacceptable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
OMG. WTF?

Ok, let's take a look at this from a standpoint of looking "inside" the box....

I have the One. No gaps, nothing. It's dang near perfect. This includes the software. It does what I need it to do which is be a smartphone. It's fast. It's fluid. The only thing it CAN'T do is wipe my a$$. I can make calls. I can surf the web. I can burp up some stuff on the screen and it cleans up nicely. The speakers sound great and are in....wait for it...stereo. I can customize this phone (as with any android device) to my liking, then change it if I don't. I can text my wife, daughter, and the girl next door.....

While I DO agree with the update scenario you guys are chiming in on because hTc basically promised it to us before its release. BUT in no way do I feel it's the end of the world. 4.2.2 is just an incremental update and bug fixes to 4.1.2 that I seem to not have. The rumor is that we "might" get 4.3. Now that's the update I'm waiting for. WHY?? Because it has native trim support. Trim is what you all should be calamoring about. Period. Why? Because our phones are like SSD's and that garbage collection (or lack thereof) slows our phones down over time. This should have been implemented way back in 2.3. There's no reason for it but this is Google's fault not hTc's. Google releases the updates to the manufacturers. The manu's get it to work on a specific phone then sent to the carriers. The carriers test it, retest it, then add crap, then test it some more. It's not up to hTc when it get's released. As you are all aware...carriers stick it to us like we are the little b!tches and should bow to them.

hTc WILL give us a major update. They want it to work. WE want it to work. I would rather it be overdue than underdone!! But if updates are somehow tied to your blood, then the NEXUS...not GPE's are for you.

Enjoy your One and eat some smore's... I am!

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
4.2.2 is just an incremental update and bug fixes to 4.1.2 that I seem to not have.
Yes... it is an incremental update that's been out in most of the world for weeks already. There is no reason (that we can think of) for them to not push it out to unlocked/DE phones in the US.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I flashed Switch on my AT&T One today. Really, I'm using no part of the 4.2 update at all. I actually sort of miss the black menu bar thing because it was a lot faster than the home button. Honestly, I'll probably RUU it back to 4.1 after a week or so of trying this out.
I'm excited for BLE and TRIM. They kick the snot out of Daydream and Lockscreen Widgets any day. The Google version of quick settings is not as well implemented as Power Toggles.
Going to say the truth though. These are my opinions and uses. This is certainly not the be all end all for everyone else.

DJxDARIENx

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Sense 5 was built on top of 4.1.2 for 4.2.2 all they did was uupdate it and change son things, the HTC ONE not having 4.2.2 isn't even a problem to be honest I'm GLAD HTC could be possibly skipping (from the rumors I've heard) 4.2.2 that means we'd get 4.3 as soon as the carriers get done. The international versions of the ONES have had 4.2.2 for quite some time and a few bugs that have yet to be solved, its not like HTC is forgetting the savior phone, they're trying as hard as possible to not hear people complain about "not having 4.3 upon the first 2 months of release"plus if the carriers have 4.2 right now, we have weeks and or months for them to release it. I'm curious to see if the Verizon ONE will have 4.3 at release or 4.2 like all the rumors say. If 4.2 isnt released before the Verizon ONE I have a feeling it'll be jumped to 4.3 just like the S3 and Note 2

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes... it is an incremental update that's been out in most of the world for weeks already. There is no reason (that we can think of) for them to not push it out to unlocked/DE phones in the US.

I agree with you. There is no reason. But unless you're 100% certain, you can't blame hTc for it not being released.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I am happy with my One, regardless of updates. I'll be happy if I stay on4.1.2 until next year.

With that being said, there is no excuse for the delay in updating.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
To be fair when you bought a mobile generally your not promised straight away updates so calm down. Carriers do control updates, so their hands are tried.