anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
lol "average camera".

youmad_zps571b1b24.jpg

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
He's serious, to a degree, obviously. The HTC One takes very good pictures for a phone. Coupled with Zoes, Highlights, and the speedy as hell shutter - you can take pictures as fast as you can tap.

Because of the 4mp sensor HTC made themselves an easy target - and I agree that more MP can make a difference. However, the camera is better than all of the new Motos, and is close to - or on par with the S4 and 5s. LG's 13 mp shooter on the G2 is good.

But hey - if you want the BEST camera - go get a Nokia with WP8. Hands down destroys every other camera phone.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
While the One takes really good low light pics, in normal lighting it tends to overexpose the shots. It's very noticeable, nowhere near as good as the iPhone or a GS4/Note 3.
Even in the low light pictures, when there is a light (like a lamp or streetlight) it creates a lot of noise around that area. Hopefully they can fix this for their M8, whenever it's released...

Posted via Android Central App

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
He's serious, to a degree, obviously. The HTC One takes very good pictures for a phone. Coupled with Zoes, Highlights, and the speedy as hell shutter - you can take pictures as fast as you can tap.

Because of the 4mp sensor HTC made themselves an easy target - and I agree that more MP can make a difference. However, the camera is better than all of the new Motos, and is close to - or on par with the S4 and 5s. LG's 13 mp shooter on the G2 is good.

But hey - if you want the BEST camera - go get a Nokia with WP8. Hands down destroys every other camera phone.

it's sound good also for me and i really start to get used to the idea,
but then people here tell me that many devices have the purple tint of death in low light, and this is simply not acceptable for me...
as i said in another thread, i shoot in low light a lot.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
While the One takes really good low light pics, in normal lighting it tends to overexpose the shots. It's very noticeable, nowhere near as good as the iPhone or a GS4/Note 3.
Even in the low light pictures, when their is a light (like a lamp or streetlight) it creates a lot of noise around that area. Hopefully they can fix this for their M8, whenever it's released...

Posted via Android Central App

yes i also noticed this problem too. i need to feel safe shooting in low light, and also not to fear overexposing all the time.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
it's sound good also for me and i really start to get used to the idea,
but then people here tell me that many devices have the purple tint of death in low light, and this is simply not acceptable for me...
as i said in another thread, i shoot in low light a lot.

They don't all have purple tint. I've had mine since launch and no issues. But if you have it - you'll need a replacement device.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
They don't all have purple tint. I've had mine since launch and no issues. But if you have it - you'll need a replacement device.

i plan to buy a used Device, until the next model will come out, that's why i'm worried. what's the best way if checking for purple haze?

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had MY device since april and it has worked flawlessly. Never had a hint of purple haze or overexposed bright light pictures. I think people just like to pick on HTC because of the 4 UltraPixel designation. I think it is as good as any smartphone camera out there. After all, it is a phone first.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
no, this is a totally wrong assumption. a smartphone camera today suppose to be good and decent on EVERY PHONE, with NO purple haze defect whatsoever.
The purple haze is an issue on some devices, but not all. HTC doesn't appear to be fixing the issue yet, but we can all hope they do.

Beyond defects, the camera on the One is 4 mp and we all know what to expect out of 4 mp. It's a decent camera, but not great.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
the camera on the One is 4 mp and we all know what to expect out of 4 mp. It's a decent camera, but not great.

i am aware of that and willing to accept it if i'll get one, but i get the feeling that many people here actually prefer this camera over other devices. WHY?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So the end of the 1st Quarter would put it about April. Sounds about right for a new device to come out. Overall, it will be interesting to see what HTC unveils. While I am not a fan of them, I do hope they start hittin more home runs with devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa