why are my photos being uploaded to g+?

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
and how do i stop it?

i have auto-backup turned OFF in g+ and as far as i can tell, there are no other settings in g+ that i may have missed, yet, when i go to g+ and select photos in my profile there they are... even screenshots get uploaded. i am pretty sure they are not visible to the public but it bothers the hell out of me regardless.

any hint appreciated!

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
it may be that when you see the photos on G+, it switches to the new Photos app that comes with G+.
If you see photos under "highlights" while on G+, then that would mean that it is uploading them to G+. Otherwise, Photos app acts like your gallery.....

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I haven't decided if what we're seeing is just what's physically on the device's camera or no. The heading shows "Camera" so I'm thinking maybe that's what happening, and things aren't being stored. The best way to tell probably would be to log into g+ from a computer and see what's out there. I'd do it, but can't access it at work.

Cheers!

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
it may be that when you see the photos on G+, it switches to the new Photos app that comes with G+.
If you see photos under "highlights" while on G+, then that would mean that it is uploading them to G+. Otherwise, Photos app acts like your gallery.....

they are not under "highlights", but why do they remain under "photos" even after i delete them from my phone?

EDIT: i think i've discovered what the problem is! thanks for your help though!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress