Why is my HTC One lagging doing simple tasks?

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
HTC One Lag

I've had my HTC One for a little over a year now and for the most part I absolutely love it. However, recently from the past 2 months I've noticed a lot of lag when doing relatively simple tasks with minimal background tasks running, such as pressing the home button, switching between home screens, typing a text message, scrolling through an internet page (already loaded), opening apps, etc. My phone is not nearly as fast and fluid as it used to be. I am very careful when downloading apps and I don't have tons of apps downloaded. My RAM usage is only about 800mbs.

Any suggestions as to what would be causing this and how to fix it? I've tried normally restarting the device and I've tried apps like The Cleaner, but to no avail. I'm thinking a Factory Reset will be the best option, but what do you'll think? I really want my good ol' One back :(

Thanks!

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One Lag

Is that different from just booting up the phone in recovery mode and choosing erase cache partition?
And what exactly will clearing the cache do?

ryker002

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One Lag

There's most likely more to it then that. Check your storage space and make sure you have enough. If you use any apps like antivirus those could slow down your phone too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38