Why can't I update the stock OS on my HTC One M7 after installing the OS update?

A

AC Question

Can't update stock OS on HTC One M7 after installing

About a month ago I got the infamous HTC One bug where the phone says my data is encrypted and I need to input a password, it accepts any password I give it but says my data is corrupted. Also, it cannot reset to factory settings since it can't mount /data. After hours of searching I found an online guide on how to fix it. Long story short- I had to unlock my phone and install TWRP to force a factory reset. All was good and well after that, I reinstalled everything. I use the stock OS.

About a week ago HTC rolled out an OS update. I download it, install it and reset the phone. When the phone boots up I get the TWRS screen. I don't want to do anything in this screen so I reset the phone again using on screen prompts. Then the phone boots up normally but the OS update isn't installed so the phone prompts me to download it again... I'm stuck in this loop and can't update. I don't know how to fix this since my only experience with installing anything that's not from the Play store is this time I installed TWRP... Please help me, and thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress