Things you love about the new HTC One (M8)

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about all of you guys but I've about had it with all these negative threads talking about how the phone is too tall or the screen size being too small or the camera not being good enough blah blah blah.

I for one am in love with this phone. I previously had the m7 and everything about this phone is a major improvement over its predecessor.

So I would like to hear everyone's opinion on what you like about this phone and why you decided to buy it. I don't want to hear anything about how you don't like this, or how another phone is better. Let's keep this positive and on topic!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

brad4560

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Things you love about the new HTC One M8

I love the build quality as well as the screen. I mean it's worth every penny. Every phone will have a shortcoming, but this phone's strengths are amazing.

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I also agree. The screen is amazing and so is the look and feel of the phone. And I for one can't see why people are complaining about the quality of the camera, I've already taken some great pictures with it.

brad4560

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I agree lattemaker. I have posted a few shots here today, i mean for a regular cell phone shooter, it i fine.. i mean i can understand the more serious photographers, and that's why we have choices!

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

As for the negative threads, I suggest you look at the threads in the HTC One forum from around the release date in 2013 up until about June. You will notice a familiar pattern, right down to the person who started the thread. I have not purchased the M8, but based on the pictures, I love the camera improvements. Also, the battery life is outstanding based on the test and stats posted by the members here.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site

I agree lattemaker. I have posted a few shots here today, i mean for a regular cell phone shooter, it i fine.. i mean i can understand the more serious photographers, and that's why we have choices!

As a serious (professional) photographer I could care less on image quality on a cell phone as long as its good enough for social sharing/media it works for me. I really want this phone but Verizon was less then helpful when I went to speak with them yesterday and best buy doesnt have them yet.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Order it online on Verizon's website

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Amazing battery life, I was playing with it for 4 hours yesterday non-stop & the battery was still like 86%. The screen is gorgeous & the build is fantastic. I LOVE it, it's the sexiest phone I've had. All my co-workers definitely woo'd over it.

edit: THE BOOMSOUND IS AMAZING. I couldn't stop calling myself at work just to listen to my ringtone.

Patrick0294

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

Coming from an iPhone and note II I love the BlinkFeed and the size of the phone Is perfect!

Sent from my HTC M8

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I just received the device and love it. I like what they did with sense and the overall feel of the device. Coming from the M7 I am more than pleased with what they brought to the table. This beats Touch Wiz and all of the S apps that no one will use with the usual lag associated with the "Galaxy."

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

as I just posted in another thread. coming from (2) M7's I feel HTC finally got it right. boom sound is what everyone said the M7 was except it was not. this thing is now loud. the overall feel and build is better also. love the size. this phone is a hunk of sexy big metal. with sd and a better battery it's a winner....

like i said. it's everything the M7 tried to be....

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

I love the care taken with the phone in build quality and the fact that Sense isn't a rigid take it or leave it form of bloatware anymore.
The gestures are excellent, the screen is beautiful and the speakers are brilliant!
The camera focus speed is epic, in fact the whole slickness of Sense combined with the stonking hardware make this phone special IMHO.
It's just a really nice phone to use day to day.
I owned a couple of Samsungs before and the "gimmicks" generally didn't work that well and often ended up being annoying, the UI was a total multi-coloured mess and the phones creaked because of the plastic backs.
A big screen with decent hardware isn't all that's needed to make a great phone and the One UI and useability towers over the Samsung phones.

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site

The gestures to unlock the phone are killer.

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

The gestures to unlock the phone are killer.

that's what im looking forward to. I am a bit ocd and just cant stand once the new "clicky" home buttons start to get loose.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Awesome posts guys, I'm right there with all of you. I love everything about this phone.

Keep them coming! Hopefully this thread will help some people out who are in the fence about this phone!

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Battery life, Blink feed, camera effects, build quality, I like almost everything about the phone. My only complaint so far is that the double tap to wake feature makes it difficult to clean my screen as often as I like since it will turn on randomly while cleaning, but this is easily turned off. I also love the dot view case, once they add more functionality I think its going to be a great feature to have on the phone.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

As a note 3 owner with no intention of buying M8, I can objectively say M8 has some great features:

1. All metal construction, it is slick, no question about it.
2. Excellent battery life, The comprehensive test give it a 71h rating, on par with Note 3, far exceed anything else in the market.

chilledbeer

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

Amazing battery life, I was playing with it for 4 hours yesterday non-stop & the battery was still like 86%. The screen is gorgeous & the build is fantastic. I LOVE it, it's the sexiest phone I've had. All my co-workers definitely woo'd over it.

edit: THE BOOMSOUND IS AMAZING. I couldn't stop calling myself at work just to listen to my ringtone.

Huh, this is what puzzles me. My battery drain is just abnormal. 1% every 2-3 minutes. Wipe cache in recovery done. Factory reset done. No use.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
As a note 3 owner with no intention of buying M8, I can objectively say M8 has some great features:

1. All metal construction, it is slick, no question about it.
2. Excellent battery life, The comprehensive test give it a 71h rating, on par with Note 3, far exceed anything else in the market.

Glad to hear some good words about the m8 from a Samsung owner. Kudos man!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty