HTC One (M8): Can you download to the microSD card?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just found out how to save to sd card. Go to settings - storage - and then down at the bottom there is a storage settings option. You can change where different apps save to where. Internet, voice recorder, messages, Bluetooth, and camera.

So apparently yes, you can download directly to the sd card. Hope this helps you!

Posted via Android Central App

Those are stock Sense apps, not apps you download from the Play Store.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Those are stock Sense apps, not apps you download from the Play Store.

It's a setting in the settings menu, I never said it was downloaded app. The op asked if you could download directly to the sd card, which you can if you enable it in the settings

Posted via Android Central App

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
ybuve4yq.jpg

Where do you see "downloads" there?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Where do you see "downloads" there?

I was assuming the internet was referring to downloads. If that's not it, then it's in the advanced section of the stock HTC browser down at the bottom of my screenshot

uploadfromtaptalk1396835250175.jpg

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was assuming the internet was referring to downloads. If that's not it, then it's in the advanced section of the stock HTC browser down at the bottom of my screenshot

View attachment 111197

Ahh there it is. I use Chrome, so I've never dug in to the Internet settings of the HTC browser.

I assume (maybe wrongly) that "downloads" refers to more than just downloads, and could also include apps.

Ultimately apps will be updated to comply with the new API's. I'm not sure where file explorers fit in here, but hopefully something gets figured out to allow them to at least write to the root of the card (but again, that would break the security). Google has some smart engineers, and they have to know a select group of people value the functionality of file explorers.

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this has been discovered yet. But you CAN indeed move files from your One M8 to the SD card. Go to:

Settings
Storage
Make more space
Music, images whatever you want to transfer to the SD card
Check all the files you want
Press "Move to SD"

I have scoured the net trying to find a solution to moving files from the One M8 to the SD card an i think i may have found it. You can also do this with HTC Guide

I have been transferring my uTorrents from phone to SD card this way.

Bnhbutts

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Last post was very helpful! The issue of transferring music and photos to the SD card was extremely important to me - one of the reasons I got the HTC One M8. I do not want to be burning up internal storage if I can drop all of this and more onto the 64 Gb SD card. Moving everything right now - works for me! Thanks.

PS - it took a lot longer than I anticipated - certainly not USB 3.0 kind of speed - more like Dial-up kind of speed, but it did work. using a 64 g micro sdxc class 10 from Kingston.

Last edited:

chevyonly

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Google play music to SD card

Hello everyone. Im new to this site and would like to know if there is a way that i can save my google play music to my SD card on the one m8. Im with verizon if that matters, and my phone is all stock factory settings. the SD card is a sandisk 32GB class 10. Thanks to everyone who can help me with this.

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google play music to SD card

Hello everyone. Im new to this site and would like to know if there is a way that i can save my google play music to my SD card on the one m8. Im with verizon if that matters, and my phone is all stock factory settings. the SD card is a sandisk 32GB class 10. Thanks to everyone who can help me with this.
Doesn't the thread already answer that question?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non