Verizon M8 not receiving calls

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked M8 on At&t. My boss saw it and went and got a new M8 on Verizon. He's having an issue that I just can't figure out. Here's the story - He was on At&t using a Galaxy S4, switched to Verizon, ported his number and got an M8. When he is at home and connected to his wifi and gets a call from his girlfriend (also on Verizon) the phone will not ring, the call goes straight to voicemail, he gets the VM notification and message but no missed call. If his son calls under the same conditions (son is on At&t) the call is received normally, phone rings and can be answered. If he switches off wifi and his girlfriend calls, the phone rings and the call is connected normally. He's already been back to the Verizon store and they gave him a new sim card. I know this sounds weird but anyone have an idea what is causing this issue? Any help would be appreciated. Verizon employees at the store have no clue what may be the problem.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmmmm, I haven't heard of that problem before. Especially since it's tied somehow to wifi. My wife had a situation where her phone would not ring and would not go to voice mail , but she would get a missed call notifications. Turned out she unknowingly pocket dialed call forwarding. Once Verizon took off call forwarding all is back to normal. But this was for all calls, whether on wifi or not

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It just sounds like the number was still in transition. I got my number on AT&T, went to Sprint.. Left Sprint.. Went to T-Mobile, and had similar issues sometimes.

They normally say it can take up to 24 hours but I've seen it average about 3 under normal circumstances. When I came to T-Mobile I could call people using my T-Mobile phone but when they called me it went to voicemail for Sprint.

I'd give it a little more time and if it doesn't work I'd have him call the main Verizon help line to have them ensure the entire transfer went properly.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.