Finding HTC M8 slippery

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm finding my M8 very slippery when using it. I have to keep a finger at the bottom of the phone to prevent it from slipping out of my hand. Anyone else experience this and have a solution.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm finding my M8 very slippery when using it. I have to keep a finger at the bottom of the phone to prevent it from slipping out of my hand. Anyone else experience this and have a solution.

It's going to be a little slippery because it's metal. You can buy a case for it. Ebay and Amazon have a lot of cases. Just Google Search "cases for the HTC One (M8)."

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
It's going to be a little slippery because it's metal. You can buy a case for it. Ebay and Amazon have a lot of cases. Just Google Search "cases for the HTC One (M8)."

Exactly what I did, it's really slippery unless u have a death grip on it. They have tons of cases just for a better grip if u don't want the bulk.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 👍📱

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Don't really like cases they make the phone bulky and covers such a beautiful crafted phone.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Don't really like cases they make the phone bulky and covers such a beautiful crafted phone.

There are cases that are clear gell and lets it's beauty shine through without adding to the bulk very much. I use the clear case on my phones all the time.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Any links to a nice very thin clear case?

Check out the XDA forums (With sub-forums it is so easy to look for accessories) They have a list of cases other M8 owners use. I wasn't happy with my first one, waiting on a different brand to come in to check it out. Of course if it doesn't please me, then I will do what I should have done in the first place and went through this thread to find one that people are happy with.

HTC One 2014 Case List

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I use this helicopter tape style stuff from Skinomi (I have used invisibile shield in the past but they didn't seem to do a full cover for the M8 and this seems better quality)- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skinomi®-Te...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3765328

Its absolutely perfect, no added bulk and you get to show off the good looks without an ugly case. You can also use the stock rubber case that comes with the phone over the top.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Just put a clear "skin" on the back. You'll have grip and it's invisible. There's some on ebay for $4, or you can find the high-end ones as well.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the gunmetal and my wife has the silver, the gunmetal finish is much more slippery. I'm assuming you have gunmetal as well.

I suggest a clear tpu if your into the whole case thing. Remember you have six months of screen coverage provided by HTC

Posted via Android Central App

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I like to lather my hands with honey before using my gunmetal M8. No slip without any case! But the speakers are now coated, so no more Boomsound. Guess there's always a tradeoff...

Posted via Android Central App

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I am from Australia so don't have the screen protection policy and all the Amazon links I can't buy either as they don't ship to OZ. I appreciate all the responses this phone is so underrated I believe is the best phone on the market. The iPhone 6 will look exactly like it. The only thing that lets it down is it keeps slipping out of my hand and yes I have the gunmetal. Even the clear gel1mm cases ruin the phone makes it to bulky for my liking.

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I've got some pics of the skinomi 'skin' on mine, but haven't uploaded them to the PC (they are on my SLR). I will get some pics tonight if I can.

I didn't think I would feel confident handling the M8 'naked' out in the open, but I now do :)

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow they look amazing will definitely be buying these. Do you guys recommend matte or glossy as I don't want to loose the beautiful screen quality and are they hard to put on the phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress