Need to get this phone. Can I do this workaround with verizon?

remedemic

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm in a family plan with both of my parents. I have an s4 and have been in a contract for about 1.2 years. My dad has a Samsung Droid Charge that he's been using for almost 3.5 years, and doesn't care much to upgrade.

I want to leave the verizon family plan and switch over to T-Mobile. Since my dad has been using the same phone for so long, we figured we would give him my galaxy s4 to use. Does anyone know if I can have my dad cancel his line, switch over to my line and my galaxy s4 with HIS phone number, and have me leave and go to T-mobile, without a termination fee?

If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize and will delete it.

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If he hasn't renewed his contract with a new two year agreement. Yes you can end his and not pay anything to remove the line. But if you still have unlimited data or limited data with a set min and text amount and don't go over. It would be cheaper to stay on that plan.

Posted via Android Central App

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
And just so you know... You could use his upgrade to get the m8 and switch it when you get home. That's the work around I use on an extra line to keep my unlimited data. Never had an issue with doing so.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87