How do I Turn Off or Cancel my Lockscreens?

Tim Beckwith

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I have an HTC One m8 which I purchased from T-mobile about four months ago. I was originally running the HTC BlinkFeed launcher, tried out the Google Now Launcher, experimented with some other launchers, but am now pretty much settled on the Nova Launcher. At some point during the last month (January) I set up a lockscreen which requires a PIN to give me access to my home screen and other pages.

That has turned out to have been a dumb move for me. I am physically disabled with cerebral palsy since birth (I am now 66). My arms, hands and fingers are pretty rigid and often spastic (stop giggling you kids). I can swipe my hand from left to right to clear the first screen and get access to the screen which presents the screen I must use to enter my PIN. Using the hunt and peck typing system I then enter my PIN. This process has become tedious and I real pain.

How can I do away with the PIN and lockscreen?

Recently I downloaded an app (whose name I cannot recall) which I thought would help me cancel the lockscreen and PIN. Instead, it gave me yet another lockscreen to deal with! So now I have to (1) clear the first screen with a hand swipe, (2) enter my PIN, (3) use another hand swipe to clear this newest screen, and only then get access to my phone.

I used to have an iPhone 5S. I seem to remember it had an option under 'settings' to remove any screens and/or PINs I had set up. But my HTC does not show me any similar ability.

Can someone guide me here? Or do I just have to wait until they come out with an iPhone 6S?

Tim Beckwith

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Settings >>Security >>Screen Lock>> enter your pin and select No Lock Screen.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. But my Settings>>Security>>Screen lock item was already set to 'No lock screen'. Just for grins, I tried setting it again. It is still set to 'No lock screen' but every time I let the phone go to sleep on its own I am unable to use the phone without going through the log-on steps described above in my original note. Frustrating!

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. But my Settings>>Security>>Screen lock item was already set to 'No lock screen'. Just for grins, I tried setting it again. It is still set to 'No lock screen' but every time I let the phone go to sleep on its own I am unable to use the phone without going through the log-on steps described above in my original note. Frustrating!
Is it possible that you have installed multiple lockscreen apps from the PlayStore?

Sent from my HTC One M8

lynyrd54

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
If this is pushy, i'm sorry. I had an event where I set a password on my pc, forgot it and could NEVER use that operating system ever again. Now, I don't lock anything and if you web search your (phone or pc?), there are pages to tell you how to keep the locks from being used or delete them totally. I use T-Mobile and they disabled my lock screen, cuz accidents happen and you accidentally hit lock and you're screwed. Just my opinion and it has worked for me. And for locking, T-Mobile just told me to frequently change my passwords. Hope this helped you:):)Lynyrd54

lynyrd54

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Oh my gosh Tim, I hate that feeling when the machine is in control-lol. I locked myself out of my pc once and COULD NOT, even as administrator, unlock that operating system and had to get a new one--ggrrrrr.

rionjhan

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site

i understand your frustration Tim. There is no lock screen setup under the phone settings and it happens only when you install the nova launcher. You might want to uninstall that launcher and lets see if it temove the lock screen you are talking about.
edit:
i hope this helps you pops. Hit this thread again if it didnt help.

metsfan421

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
i understand your frustration Tim. There is no lock screen setup under the phone settings and it happens only when you install the nova launcher. You might want to uninstall that launcher and lets see if it temove the lock screen you are talking about.
edit:
i hope this helps you pops. Hit this thread again if it didnt help.

So in order to get rid of multiple lockscreens, you have to actually completely Uninstall the lockscreen app from the phone ? Why not just an enable/disable option in the settings?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it has something to do with Keyguard not being disabled when you disable the lockscreen. "None" should disable it IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress