HTC M8 Verizion - Notifications are gone

Infymus

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
How to turn on the OLD notifications? So they are on the top? I do not want in your face popups.

How to turn sounds back on for new texts or mail - etc? If the phone is locked I get nothing. Only way to know is to unlock the phone and look. Highly annoying.

How to turn the lock screen items back on again? I do not want my messages and emails displayed on my lock screen for anyone to read, I just want to see that I have a notification.

How to go back to the older android keyboard from KitKat? The new keyboard is further spaced out, the go button is gone.

So far I am NOT happy with this update, so many changes I dislike.

The one that is annoying the most is that the lock screen items are now gone. I can't see if I have a new items (mms, mail, etc) as they do NOT show on the top bar anymore. I no longer receive sounds when the phone is locked for new messages, texts, etc. I do not see anywhere this new Lollipop feature of "Notifications". When I run Pandora and the lock screen is up, I can't pause anymore - it's all gone. Firefox just simply flat out does not work anymore.

Did they even test this with core functionality? KitKat was perfect it is too bad this is forced on us.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Most of that is changes with the OS itself. Some people think at least a few of those issues will be adjusted with Sense 7, but I don't know enough to even guess what'll happen.

I will say I don't have the notification sound issue. They still play on mine when the screen is off. Not sure what could be the issue there, unless a setting was changed on your phone somewhere.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Go to Settings>Sound & Notification>When Device Is Locked. If you want to see all of your notifications on the lockscreen, select "Show all notification content." Notifications will then show up in the middle of the screen, not the top bar. If there are things you don't want shown on the lock screen, then select "Hide sensitive notification content." Then go to Settings>Sound & Notification>App Notifications, select the app whose notifications you don't want to appear on the lockscreen, and designate it as Sensitive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress