How to get rid of HTC ONE M8 Still ejecting SD card Message?

A

AC Question

How to get rid of HTC ONE M8 "Still ejecting SD card" Message

Having major issues with my San Disk 32gb SD card.
I moved as many Apps/documents/etc to it as possible, after Marshmallow upgrade filled my internal phone memory.
Not sure how this happened but now phone wont recognise the SD card and the Apps on it.
The SD works fine in Computer and on another phone so no errors there.
Have tried re-inserting it while phone off and it normally gets stuck in a rebooting loop. If I reinsert when it's on, it knows it's there and scans for errors then comes up with the above message. It never fully mounts or unmounts the SD card.
The Phone recognises and mounts a different SD card no problem.
If I factory reset phone will this correct problem ? Have tried soft reboot but didn't work. Dont want hassle of factory reset if any other option ???

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to get rid of HTC ONE M8 "Still ejecting SD card" Message

Having major issues with my San Disk 32gb SD card.
I moved as many Apps/documents/etc to it as possible, after Marshmallow upgrade filled my internal phone memory.
Not sure how this happened but now phone wont recognise the SD card and the Apps on it.
The SD works fine in Computer and on another phone so no errors there.
Have tried re-inserting it while phone off and it normally gets stuck in a rebooting loop. If I reinsert when it's on, it knows it's there and scans for errors then comes up with the above message. It never fully mounts or unmounts the SD card.
The Phone recognises and mounts a different SD card no problem.
If I factory reset phone will this correct problem ? Have tried soft reboot but didn't work. Dont want hassle of factory reset if any other option ???

Marshmallow and its buggy, terrible management of SD cards...

well, with USB cable disconnected and after it scans the card for errors try going into settings - apps - all apps - look here for both "media" and "external media" apps - cleat data and cache - reboot device - wait for 7-10 minutes for device to rebuild database and see if it's fixed.

LJT77

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Yeah have been reading about this - I dont think so - no warning message came up (that i remember anyway) about it only being attached to this phone.

LJT77

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

Am trying this but cant clear cache from App route as just get a swirly egg timer as the App screen appears to be having trouble finding all the Apps. Have tried this from settings>Storage>clear cache - will see if it works. Thanks

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Am trying this but cant clear cache from App route as just get a swirly egg timer as the App screen appears to be having trouble finding all the Apps. Have tried this from settings>Storage>clear cache - will see if it works. Thanks

you have to clear data and cache of both "media" and "external media" apps in settings > apps > all apps, clearing just "general" cache won't work since the important stuff is in the "data", not the cache, you could also try wiping the cache partition of your device and let it rebuild it after a reboot.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What carrier do you have? There have been a number of issues raised with the Marshmallow update for the M8, especially on Sprint. Some people are even finding their phone freezing during the cache partition wipe process, so this is one of the few times where I would actually be hesitant to recommend that.:-\

LJT77

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Am with Virgin in the UK but things have got worse overnight ! - After rebooting when I'd cleared cache the phone now keeps flashing me a photo of a valley (which I've never seen before) and wont switch on at all. I get the welcome screen if I do a soft reboot but it only offers me yes or No to sending an Error Report for System UI having stopped unexpectedly and either way it reboots all over again.
Thought no option but to Factory reset but I cant even get the android screen with pressing Down Volume and Power button.

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Am with Virgin in the UK but things have got worse overnight ! - After rebooting when I'd cleared cache the phone now keeps flashing me a photo of a valley (which I've never seen before) and wont switch on at all. I get the welcome screen if I do a soft reboot but it only offers me yes or No to sending an Error Report for System UI having stopped unexpectedly and either way it reboots all over again.
Thought no option but to Factory reset but I cant even get the android screen with pressing Down Volume and Power button.

all you did was clearing cache from the "settings" menu in Marshmallow, right ?