Is the A9 better than the M9?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Is it "better" is relative to the user in my opinion.
A9 has better screen in my opinion.
M9 has better speakers.
So if you listen to music a lot with the phones speakers which phone is better? M9 of course.
BUT if you dont care about the speakers and focus on screen then the A9 is better.
So its really up to you what your going to do with the phone to make that phone better then the one your comparing it to..

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Is it "better" is relative to the user in my opinion.
A9 has better screen in my opinion.
M9 has better speakers.
So if you listen to music a lot with the phones speakers which phone is better? M9 of course.
BUT if you dont care about the speakers and focus on screen then the A9 is better.
So its really up to you what your going to do with the phone to make that phone better then the one your comparing it to..

Don't forget the inferior battery life of the A9. The A9 also appears to have a better camera though I haven't see any side by side comparisons.

Posted via my HTC One M9

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah camera is sucky on the m9 and it's a heavier phone. I don't think the a9 is worth the 400 bucks though.

Fathertime

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
For the money we paid for the M9, you would think they would have optical image stabilization for the camera. What a no brainer!

Ant Biggs1

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Im looking to get the 32gb unlocked version of the a9 shipped to me. Im in England, will it still work over here on three network? Something to do with the LTE bands....

Posted via the Android Central App

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the M9 and A9 and the A9 battery I think is better. Get a quick charger for about $10.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the M9 and A9 and the A9 battery I think is better. Get a quick charger for about $10.

Are they both running Marshmallow? I would think the M9 on Marshmallow would be better. When it finally happens.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Are they both running Marshmallow? I would think the M9 on Marshmallow would be better. When it finally happens.

My M9 Dev edition running marshmallow is far beyond what it was on lollipop. Or almost feels as if this phone(as well as my Nexus 9) was meant for this software. Lollipop was trash. I think lollipop "perfected" the runtime(ART), but marshmallow "perfected" the entire platform. Across the board, my Nexus 9 and M9 are both are better post-marshmallow! Happy hunting. Both phones are great! I'm going to continue to root for HTC!!!

Digitally assigned space taken up by my Chromebook, M9 or N9 <(•.•)>

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
My M9 Dev edition running marshmallow is far beyond what it was on lollipop. Or almost feels as if this phone(as well as my Nexus 9) was meant for this software. Lollipop was trash. I think lollipop "perfected" the runtime(ART), but marshmallow "perfected" the entire platform. Across the board, my Nexus 9 and M9 are both are better post-marshmallow! Happy hunting. Both phones are great! I'm going to continue to root for HTC!!!

Digitally assigned space taken up by my Chromebook, M9 or N9 <(•.•)>

Is that just a product of Doze improving standby time or have you seen an appreciable difference in running time or on screen time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress