HTC M9 doesn't charge normally

Mircea Goga

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have an issue with my HTC M9. It does not charge the battery when connecting to power source. It can charge, however, if I connect it and restart the phone, but it says "3 hrs until full" with original charger. If disconnected, a reboot is required to charge again.

A full charge usually takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Also the screen doesn't turn OFF on idle time. The background is black, screen lighting is ON and the three digital buttons are visible.

I also experienced a bug regarding screen rotating while the feature is off, but it has been fixed after 2 restarts.

The device runs Android 7.0, official release, upgraded several months before this happened. It worked just fine until now.

I would do a factory reset, but I have so much data on it and I can't connect to PC to backup.

Anyone experienced similar issues ?

Mircea Goga

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
Hello again,

I managed to get my HTC M9 to charge again.

Issue: HTC M9 not charging when turned ON, but ok when turned OFF and back ON while being connected to power source.

Workaround: Go to settings/ developer options/ select USB configuration and then change settings several times and finally select 'charge this device'.

I did not test USB connection to PC but it should work when selecting media transfer protocol MTP.