Unreliable GPS / Compass

fadetoblack73

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I am having problems with my M9. The GPS & Compass functions are very unreliable.

Google maps seems to work pretty accurately.

However I can (1) load a compass app (I have tried a lot of them), (2) get a reading, (3) move the phone around, (4) replace the phone in the exact position where I got the original reading, (5) and I will get a totally different reading.

'Return to Origin' apps like Car Locator aren't even close.

Apps like ISS Detector or Star Chart have me looking in completely wrong parts of the sky.

I have tried moving the phone in 3 directions & in a figure 8. The apps that don't work on my phone work on my wife's Motorola Droid.

Please help.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called GPS Test. It looks for and syncs with GPS satellites and also includes a compass. Also, do you have accurate location enabled?

fadetoblack73

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I do have Accurate Location enabled. I I also have an app called GPS Pro. The GPS Pro app seems to work fine. However I wouldn't really know if it wasn't accurate since I don't have a known constant to compare it to. The reason that I know that I have a problem is because apps like Car Locator, ISS Detector and Star Chart don't work.