Need help flashing kernel

wesley20850

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Noob here. Just flashed viper xl 3.2.1 and i just wanted to ask if anyone knew any good kernels out there. also it would be nice to include step by step instructions especially since im a noob. thanks a lot

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can't suggest kernels since its not my device but flashing is very simple.

Boot into your custom recovery (ClockWorkMod or TWRP) and wipe cache partition & dalvik cache then flash the kernel using the same option to flash a ROM.

NO DATA WIPE/RESET.

Yes its that simple... Optional: You can make a backup within your recovery just in case of the unknown or you want to revert back to your old kernel/setup.

wesley20850

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
alright sounds simple enough. so i should wipe the cache and dalvik cache before flashing but not after? and should i boot into recovery via command prompt?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
With viper, use ElementalX 2.5... runs great.. Download it, hold power button till the power menu pops up, select reboot, then reboot to recovery.

Once installed, wipe cache, then reboot system.

wesley20850

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
alright i flashed it just like you said and my phone bootlooped about 5 times but it seems stable now. is that normal or did i do something wrong?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I didn't respond quicker. The cache and dalvik wipe is only before you flash.

So wipe, flash and reboot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums