Delayed Notifications

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a One X, HTC 26 series, am using the email client, Pop-3 for Roadrunner. Notifications are not working at all in "Real Time" sometimes they work correctly, my email is delayed, and "Plume" which is a twitter client, is delayed.

Text Messaging Notification is working properly- I have gone through the settings several times, and all seems to be set properly.

Would appreciate any suggestion or guidance, to fix this. Thank you in advance!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
First of all pop3 does not allow push only fetch. Notifications are only delayed if you use WiFi, but if you goto the WiFi settings and turn on Brest performance WiFi mode, wait a few and real time notifications will start. However your battery will drain more. Also real time notifications will work without WiFi being turned on.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I also recommend you get a gmail account and just set a forwarding on your other email account to your new gmail:D

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I also recommend you get a gmail account and just set a forwarding on your other email account to your new gmail:D

Thank you for the info. Your posts and responses provide a great deal of help. To bad your not in Columbus. Your saying gmail is push?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes gmail is push. You can't get a better email experience on Android than Gmail (assuming you're ok with threaded conversations).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non