Poor Internal Antenna

mooncat1337

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the antenna on the Rhyme is horrible!!! I had an iphone 4 prior and even though I had poor service in the area I work in at least I was able to have 2 bars, now I have ZERO service and at my house I used to have complete service and now only have 2 bars. i've even placed the rhyme next to both the deactivated iphone 4 and activated droid x my boyfriend owns and both display full service while mine has very little. Any way to fix this or is this going to be a permanent problem? Anyone else experiencing this as well? I called VZW tech support and as usual they were clueless.

NeilthePilot

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you unable to make or recieve calls. How many bars shown is a matter of programing. I think it was Apple that a few years ago had to reprogram their phones to more accurately show signal strength. If you have low bars and have trouble with calls then you have a problem. If you are making calls with no problems then don't worry about what your phone shows for signal strength.

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I suggest you follow these steps to make sure youtr phone is seeing all the cell towers in the area:

Dial *22899 and wait for the phone to do its programming thing and reboot. Then dial *228, select option 2 and again let the phone do its thing and reboot.

Once that's done, download Speedtest from the Market. Have your BF do the same. Both of you should run Speedtest and record your results. Your results should be fairly similar.
Good luck to you. My girl LOVES her Rhyme. It's a crazy good phone. I have a tweaked version of its software running on my Droid Incredible, and I just love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress