P20 Pro - Ring doorbell - not receiving notifications

pzq071

Apr 27, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I've recently got a Huawei P20 Pro and it's not receiving any ring notifications when someone rings my ring.com doorbell..

I've had a few instances where the notification has come through as it should, but literally 99% of the time i don't receive any notifications at all.

I've ran through all the steps outlined in their guide (https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/a...-Ring-Notification-Issues-for-Android-Devices) but none of it has made any difference.

I have checked all permissions, notification settings, disabled them, re-enabled them, cleared cache, cleared data, deleted the app, re-installed, set the "App Launch" options to allow to run in the background - all to no avail.

Got another phone (Samsung S7 Edge) set-up to receive the same notifications from the same doorbell - and that's receiving all of them absolutely fine.

My P20 Pro is running EMUI 8.1.0 and Android version 8.1.0.

I've raised a support ticket with Ring.com, but thought i'd also post here - as it seems likely this may be a P20-specific issue..

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
re:

Unfortunately you have already done everything I would suggest. I suspect the P20 to be the issue also. Hopefully someone with one AND a Ring can confirm. :)

inflames666

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
re:

I had the same problem with my ring doorbell. Then I switched off handle automatic in the battery settings of the ring app and after that i get all notifications.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
re:

I had the same problem with my ring doorbell. Then I switched off handle automatic in the battery settings of the ring app and after that i get all notifications.
@pzq071 please let me know if this works for you. In that case I can then mark it as the "best answer" And this way we can help other P20 & Ring users in the future. :)

pzq071

Apr 27, 2018
Visit site
re:

Thank you!

This seems to have resolved the issue!

For clarity; these are the steps i took (not sure if all were needed to resolve the issue, but thought i'd list them all)

1) Deleted ring.com app cache
2) Deleted ring.com data
3) Uninstalled ring.com app
4) Re-installed ring.com app
5) Amended the following App Launch battery settings; Settings > Apps & notifications > Apps > Ring > Battery > App Launch > Switched off Manage Automatically and enabled all 3 manual options; Auto-launch, Secondary launch and Run in background

Dilalio

Oct 28, 2018
Visit site
Re:

Thank you!

This seems to have resolved the issue!

For clarity; these are the steps i took (not sure if all were needed to resolve the issue, but thought i'd list them all)

1) Deleted ring.com app cache
2) Deleted ring.com data
3) Uninstalled ring.com app
4) Re-installed ring.com app
5) Amended the following App Launch battery settings; Settings > Apps & notifications > Apps > Ring > Battery > App Launch > Switched off Manage Automatically and enabled all 3 manual options; Auto-launch, Secondary launch and Run in background

Has this now resolved the issue?
Would it also work for a wired Ring doorbell, which mine is?

I've also been having this issue and by following ring's video about dealing with this, it fixed things for about a day and then reverted to failed notifications.

Where do I find the cache and data files mentioned above, to delete?

Cheers d

Edit: ignore last para, I have found how to repeat all steps outlined in star answer and have implemented. I will see if it fixes this annoying gremlin.
Thanks to all contribs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38