"Contacts Sync Running...": Annoying Notifications.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Lately, on my Huawei P20 Pro, I've been getting these incredibly annoying "Contacts Sync is running" notifications... I'm guessing since the latest OS update as the problem has occured lately, that is to EMUI 9.1.0.328 if so... But not for entirely sure when exactly it started...

I've googled and googled, and looking at search suggestions, i appear not to be the only one with this problem, however, I can't seem to find any solution to the problem... It is fine that Contacts is syncing with my other accounts regularly, but I don't want a notification about it, ever. I'm getting this multiple times a day, so it's really, really annoying. It also makes my phone vibrate every time too.. ugh..

Under Settings -> Notifications, the Contacts app doesn't show up, so it's impossible to tweak it this way, apparently... In Contacts -> Settings, i can't seem to find any notification settings either... Settings -> Apps -> Apps -> Contacts -> -> Notifications: Un-checked "Allow notifications": Still getting them.

HELP!?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try going to your contact app , long press it and tap Info > go to storage and clear data,cache force stop it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you see that notification, swipe down the notification panel and long-press it. Do you get options to modify that particular notification?

jakehatinen

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
I have this same, really annoying issue. With some other apps the new version does the same, there should be a switch on the battery page of the settings => applications => particular app for switching off those notifications, but for this there is no such thing. For the contacts app you can get to the settings by clicking the notification when it arrives. It does not remain on notification center, so you have to be fast.

Any luck on getting rid of those? I would sure wan't some advice.

Heimerdinger

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
I managed to do it! Simply wait for a notification to pop up, tap on it, and choose FORCE STOP.
It is considered an application, but I tried a number of ways to find it in the options, and I couldn't.