Missed ota update incredible

telmore007#AC

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Where can I go to download new software and baseband version? I unrooted. Thanks I have searched can't find anything. If they are not pushing out the ota anymore what about if u buy new incredible guess they are coming with new software?
Thanks

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Where can I go to download new software and baseband version? I unrooted. Thanks I have searched can't find anything. If they are not pushing out the ota anymore what about if u buy new incredible guess they are coming with new software?
Thanks

this should be the update http://android.clients.google.com/p...on_WWE_3.26.605.1_3.21.605.1_release_sign.zip

make sure its named update.zip .
Copy it to the root (base directory) of your SD card. Don't put it in any folders, and don't put it on the internal memory.
Shut your phone off, hold vol down and power button untill you get a white screen. then press vol down and select recovery with the power button .

In the recovery screen (the triangle with exclamation mark), press volume up and power. You'll go to the recovery menu.
In the recovery menu, select "apply sdcard:update.zip The phone will find the file, and when finished prompt you to reboot. Reboot via the menu, then patiently wait for the phone to reboot, and enjoy.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
make sure it's not named update.zip.zip - sometimes the .zip will already be there and when you re-name it you get it twice..

other option would be to root again and install a custom ROM that has the OTA update included. There are many out there I believe but the only one I have experience with is Virtuous

telmore007#AC

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Its not zip.zip. I did check that. I'm really tired of messing with this phone. I think I will deal with the no update and wait till Verizon gets the Iphone. :(

Thanks for your help. :)

Just tired of hacking my phone. If Verizon gets the Iphone I don't think I would care to jailbreak it.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Virtuous is what I use as well. Enough of the OTA crap. Nothing in the last one was that great anyway. Virtuous is good about updating their ROMS with the OTA releases.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
So don't bother rooting it? You'll regret switching to iPhone trust me. I did it lasted 3 months, paid the early termination fee and came back to Android on Verizon.

dougpiston

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I called Verizon they were no help. My phone will not push the update. It should I unrooted. This is how I unrooted it. AndroidSPIN ? Want To Root/Unroot Your HTC Incredible?

I reset to factory and wiped the phone. :(

What your not understanding is you went so far down the build food chain you won't get an OTA. Also trying to do an update.zip over 2.1 will fail like it has been. Updating through recovery the device shecks for certain things, when it sees you are to far back it will abort like it has.

The only way around this is to update through Hboot or with the RUU. Thats it. Its not that hard even. I will link to my unroot post which goes over how to correctly unroot this device while maintaining the latest build from VZW.

Just disregard the portion about s-on and use either the PB31IMG or RUU method to upgrade.

How to unroot the Incredible. | doug piston

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38