Trouble group messaging on Verizon LG G2

projectman

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
My mother-in-law just got an LG G2 and I am really jealous (not the reason for my post though). She is having trouble sending group texts. They come back with an error of some sort. We tried several different groups (mix of android, iOS; only android; only iOS) and same error for all. I sent her a group text from my iPhone 5 and she got it. She even replied to it. But for some reason she cannot get it to send an original group text. I looked through the menu options and didn't see anything obvious... Kinda hoping someone here will recognize the problem and offer good advice.
This is a brand new phone and I assume it is running Kit Kat. She seemed to think so...but I'm not sure she really knows what that means.:eek:
So...any idea what I can tell her to get the group texting to work on her brand new Verizon LG G2?

projectman

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Did I say or do something wrong here? Maybe the question is too weird? Does anyone have a similar device with any advice on what prefs or settings might be causing this problem?

Nick Kennell

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the same exact problem. I will even have a problem with sending general messages it will say its sending forever and ever. I'll turn my phone off and on, still wont send, then turn my data off and turn it back on. And all of a sudden like 10 messages pop up from way earlier in the day... I have not found any answers to this problem just yet. But I did find with group messages - I downloaded GO SMS Pro, and the group messaging was almost perfect. One or two groups 1 or 2 peoples messages were not being seen. I did just switch from an iPhone. But I did go through a very long process disabling iMessage on my old iPhone, my iPad, and my macbook. Then calling Apple and having them disable my # from their server... So this may be an issue too. Is it just in group messages or regular messaging too? I'd say try an app like gosms, then if its from switching from an iphone, take those procedures. I'd say next get on the horn with verizon's tech support team. I am about to call them right now.