My phone shuts down below 48%.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with mustang7757, that sounds like a failing battery. Which phone do you have? Does it have a user-removable battery? If so, simply try a new or different battery. Otherwise, you'd have to bring it to a repair shop for battery replacement.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's called a dendrite in the battery - it's developing at 40%. As @B. Diddy said, there's nothing you can do about it but replace the battery. (The auto industry has spent billions on curing that, so we can use lithium batteries in cars, because a battery can start throwing a dendrite a day or two after you start using it, and car manufacturers don't like the expense of $5,000 every time one fails. [And the replacement can fail in a few days too. It could cost them $100,000 in under-warranty repairs for a $15,000 car.] They don't have a definitive answer yet.)

Philip Michael

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site
Why my phone closes at 46%?

After charging till 100% my phone workf fine till it reaches 46% and suddenly shuts down automatically, when I plugged it for charging, it starts charging from 0%.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why my phone closes at 46%?

Welcome to the forums. Which phone do you have? Since you posted on the Android 5 forum I suppose it's an older device. My bet is that the battery is pretty much gone and you need to replace it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why my phone closes at 46%?

That's almost definitely a dendrite growing at 46%, and a thick enough one to totally kill the battery. As Javier said, you have to have the battery replaced.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I not only think non-linearly, I correct things - but this is just too much of a mess to try. (I'd need access to the database to modify the dates so that everything would line up. The threads were started 2 days apart. [I've run worse forums than this, and I'm fluent in SQL, so it wouldn't bother me, but I just don't have access to the site.])

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, in the future for situations like this, I'll consider redirecting and closing one of the threads instead.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, in the future for situations like this, I'll consider redirecting and closing one of the threads instead.
If you're still following (ahh, heck - @B. Diddy) I don't mind trying to follow out of order posts. (And maybe someone up in the ivory tower will realize that I can be of more use to the forum if I can access the database - I'm sure MySQL is available on the server. If I can force-feed passwords into my own site, I can change posting dates on this one.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I recall seeing one of the other Mods talking about reordering posts in a thread, but I'm not sure if they actually found a way. I'll look into that more.