Why am I not getting any app notifications on my LG Flex 2?

A

AC Question

I got my LG Flex 2 earlier this week and it is the best phone I've had so far, great design, fast efficient, I plan to keep it as long as I can. Everything seems to be functioning fairly smoothly but I'm not getting notifications from most apps such as GMail, Truemessenger (downloaded SMS app), Simple Banking. I had the LG G2 prior to this and got all the notifications for that. I've even gone into the settings of each app to make sure notifications are on (they are) and have looked through the phone's settings to make sure notifications are enabled and they seem to be. I can't seem to find the answer for this on FAQs or anywhere else, so any help you could give me would be appreciated. By the way, I am on Boost Mobile, which is on the Sprint network.

Thanks,
Clayton
Denver, CO

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Not sure why you're not getting all your notifications. Gmail is generally spotty for me, I only get a Gmail notification if I make a purchase on Google Play. Otherwise, I don't get Gmail notifications. I use Textra for texting and I have no problems with notifications.

I'd hate to recommend this, but have you tried a factory reset and then re install everything? It might work. When I first got my G Flex 2, I did an immediate factory reset after activation, then deleted bloatware, then went ahead and installed everything I need. I've never had any issues with notification alerts, other than spotty Gmail alerts.

Posted from one of my many Android devices.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Check your interruption's settings. I've turned off notifications accidentally by enabling no interruptions or priority only in the quick settings pull down shade from the top. Make sure priority, no interruptions, or any downtime is not enabled in...............Settings > Sound > Interruptions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non