Battery Life Thread

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It looks like people are starting to get their phones, so please post the following:

Cell Carrier:
Time Off Charger:
Screen On Time:
Battery Remaining:
Wifi?
Auto Brightness (If Off, what Brightness Setting):

I have a droid Maxx on order, where people are routinely talking about 5hrs of screen on time with 50% battery remaining when connected to wifi with autobrightness on. I'm considering the LG G2 based on the much better camera.

cron912

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Posted mine earlier in another thread, but here's latest:

Cell Carrier: AT&T
Time Off Charger: 23.25 hrs
Screen On Time: little over 4 hrs
Battery Remaining: 26%
Wifi? About 90% WiFi
Auto Brightness (If Off, what Brightness Setting): Auto

Also includes 6-7 reboots

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Battery life posts always seem to a bit silly shortly after getting the phone. It seems to take about/at least 3 days for battery life to settle on most Android devices after the initial set up.

Posted via Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Wifi? About 90% WiFi

Why 6-7 reboots? Hoping you was doing it and not the phone.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Wifi? About 90% WiFi

How do you have one already?

bova80

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
is it just me, or does it take forever to charge? I'm at 29% battery so I have it plugged in, says estimated time to full charge is just over 8 hours! WTF?

bova80

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
It was another micro USB charger but yeah I put it back on OEM and it seems it's going faster now. The other one didn't say anything about slow charge though.

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
This might be an issue. My G2 arrived on Monday. I used it for a bit and decided to charge it with the included OEM charger and usb cable. When I plugged it into the (wall outlet) the phone recognized the connection as if it were plugged into my laptop and being charged via USB. On the screen is showed "slow charging" because of current available. I tried several outlets in my house and all the same. It worked like I should when I plugged into another charger. I called At&t support and they sent me another charger. Its aftermarket and NOT the LG branded one. UGH!

bova80

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
what are people setting their screen brightness too?

it might still be the fact that I'm new to android but after taking it off the charger at 6am this morning I'm down to about 41% battery now at 1:40pm

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
First full day:

Att
10:17
Took me to 11%
2:48 screen on time
0 time on wifi
Auto brightness on.

Honestly, I was kinda disappointed with the battery life today especially compared to what I've been hearing in reviews. Hopefully chalk this up to the OS still "settling"...

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
You should get better than that. Mine is at 65% after being on 11:20, 1:40 on screen time, wifi on 11:20, screen brightness on 89%. See if you have an app running wild. Also check location services. Sometimes they cause problems. I am on AT&T.

bova80

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
This took me to 0%

Att
12 hours 19min
2hr 27min screen time auto brightness 59% baseline
Android os keep awake was 5h 22m
Wifi 12h
Google services keep awake1hr 28m

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
This might be an issue. My G2 arrived on Monday. I used it for a bit and decided to charge it with the included OEM charger and usb cable. When I plugged it into the (wall outlet) the phone recognized the connection as if it were plugged into my laptop and being charged via USB. On the screen is showed "slow charging" because of current available. I tried several outlets in my house and all the same. It worked like I should when I plugged into another charger. I called At&t support and they sent me another charger. Its aftermarket and NOT the LG branded one. UGH!

Apparently, this is an issue. You need LG branded equipment. It doesn't matter if you use stock charger with a different model micro usb - you will get slow charge. Root and so forth will probably fix this but for the time being...we wait.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Cell Carrier: Verizon
Time Off Charger: 7 hr 20 min
Screen On Time: 2 hr 26 min
Battery Remaining: 34% (did not start from 100%...according to the graph, started roughly at 95%)
Wifi?: wifi has been on for about the past 2 hrs...otherwise, was on 4G all day (really crappy reception in the office, so it was likely cycling between 3G , 4G , and no data)
Auto Brightness (If Off, what Brightness Setting): autobrightness on, brightness set to about 50%

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Some of these don't sound like real great times with the battery size this phone has

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

Agree. Makes my nexus 4 look normal. The big draw of this phone is battery but judging by these posts the G2 would struggle to get to 3 hours screen time which is what I personally consider heavy usage.