Preferred keyboard

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been using swiftkey for the longest time but recently switched to google. Swiftkey has a habit of staying on my screen after I've left the app that had it up. I have to hit the back button to clear it. Google seems to work smoothly and has good auto correct which is all I need. Don't use predictions.

What do you use?

androidnub

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey, by far. I've tried out the LG keyboard and the Google one, but they both seemed to be lacking. I do agree about the keyboard sticking up, but its for maybe a second or two after closing a messaging app.

slammer1

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded Kii keyboard. So far very nice, lots of customization. The best is being able to add number row on top. I have tried Swiftkey, google, and the LG keyboards. I like this best.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Swiftkey, by far. I've tried out the LG keyboard and the Google one, but they both seemed to be lacking. I do agree about the keyboard sticking up, but its for maybe a second or two after closing a messaging app.

I have to actually close it out with the back button

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded Kii keyboard. So far very nice, lots of customization. The best is being able to add number row on top. I have tried Swiftkey, google, and the LG keyboards. I like this best.

For me, it is also Kii. The top number row is great and it's the only keyboard where I can enter my own shortcuts for anything. For example, when I type my company's initials I have it set to show my company's name, address, phone numbers, and some other pertinent info.

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't really need customization, I just need my keyboard to work so I stick with Google. Smooth, fast, lag-free and gets updated.
I tried Swiftkey, It works great but sometimes, it lags to show up or disappear.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
For those with Google keyboard what do you find to be the best setting for auto correct? Modest, aggressive, or most aggressive?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't really need customization, I just need my keyboard to work so I stick with Google. Smooth, fast, lag-free and gets updated.
I tried Swiftkey, It works great but sometimes, it lags to show up or disappear.

I agree. I really like Google keyboard and have stuck with it.

I also use the modest setting so it will accept my slang lol

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I want to like Google keyboard but I find the keys or space bar is too small because everytime I would try to hit the space bar I would accidentally press b instead of space it was annoying

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
When swiping it auto spaces so I rarely use the space bar

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The Thumb Keyboard that I posted above allows you increase the size of the keyboard and/or space bar for those of us with big thumbs. :)
Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been using swiftkey for the longest time but recently switched to google. Swiftkey has a habit of staying on my screen after I've left the app that had it up. I have to hit the back button to clear it. Google seems to work smoothly and has good auto correct which is all I need. Don't use predictions.

What do you use?

I think that paid premium versions of keyboards, that you're going to keep no matter what android phone you're using, is a good investment. Just bought Kii premium in Google Play Store for $4.31. You can use paid or free skins with Kii. I don't think that SwiftKey or Thumb keyboards accept differents skins. Anyway SwiftKey and Thumb are good apps , I got both too.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been a Swiftkey guy for the last year but just switched to Smart Keyboard, to gain a user dictionary plus user definable autotext macros.

It will take some getting used to, as it would be for any keyboard change (especially punctuation) but think it will be worth it. As a side bonus to me, Swiftkey always had a problem with Co-Pilot GPS and I would always have to switch to stock keyboard while using that app, but I no longer need to do this.

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Kii here as well, can't understand why more keyboards don't have the numbers row.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4