I replaced my lcd + digitizer but I can see the light on the sides, can I just leave it like this?

Lexie barfield

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
replaced my lcd + digitizer but i can see the light on the sides.

Everything on My phone is working great but on the sides my screen is not snug fitted, i did everything right new adhesive and everything. Is this bad? Can i just leave it like this? I realllly dont want to go through taking it apart again. Also I notice its getting hotter then normal?

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: replaced my lcd + digitizer but i can see the light on the sides.

Everything on My phone is working great but on the sides my screen is not snug fitted, i did everything right new adhesive and everything. Is this bad? Can i just leave it like this? I realllly dont want to go through taking it apart again.

Could be the screen is just off in size. Did you compare it to the one you took off? Aftermarket screens tend to be off in some way sometimes. It sucks because you probably paid good money for it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: replaced my lcd + digitizer but i can see the light on the sides.

It'll work, it'll just throw light off to the sides. You could probably use black model airplane paint if it bothers you. (I'd hit the seller for a refund, just to pay for my extra labor in removing his screen and buying and installing one that fits, then sell it on eBay plainly noting that it's 1/8" (or whatever it is) too narrow, and a bit of light will show on the sides. It's probably worth about 1/2 to 3/4 of what you paid for it as a resale.)

(You might pick up on the fact, here, that I intensely dislike dishonest people.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress