Concerned with LG G3 overheating.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Concerned with overheating.

" the hundreth time" - get a replacement. Maybe just the battery is bad, but it shouldn't be getting hot like that. I would try a CPU usage monitor also to see what's going on. Also a system tray app.

Names? I'm getting g it replaced so I'll use it with the next one.

Posted via Android Central App

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

Quick question because I've been thinking about it for a while today.

Today I got 130 degrees (still have around that, 140) by only browsing Tumblr and checking out this forum for a while doing nothing else.

Is it normal? Its not the battery - the battery feels cool, it's the top part of the phone around the camera.

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Same issue here with the phone overheating near the top of the battery. I am going to get it replaced today under the 14 day exchange/return period. Hoping the new phone doesnt have these issues.

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

I let it cool down and closed all running processes except the android ones.

Now I'm listening music and reading this forum through the app and the hot on the top third part of the phone is really noticeable - almost uncomfortable and I'm only using the phone for like 10-15 minutes with minimum automatic light.

Is it normal - should I worry about that? (Currently battery is 95 and cpu is 135 degrees.l

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When I am at work my Note 3 even gets hot to 95-100... Video + LTE connection being used will heat the phone up. On the G3 the high resolution screen takes a toll on heat as well.

It's like anything with computers.. Want the best stuff? It's going to heat up some :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

joe watson1

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
" the hundreth time" - get a replacement. Maybe just the battery is bad, but it shouldn't be getting hot like that. I would try a CPU usage monitor also to see what's going on. Also a system tray app.

I would try another phone all together. This is unacceptable. Auto dim or not you shouldn't have to tweak anything or turn features on or off. LG failed on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress