Camera Repeatedly Asking If I'd Like To Store To SD

Jbartu

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm really loving the G3, but I'm encountering a small annoyance with the camera. Whenever I open the camera app for the first time after powering on, it asks if I'd like my photos to be stored to the SD card. Am I possibly missing a default setting? Has anyone else encountered this issue?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Photos taken and stored on the SD card. Are they able to be auto backed up with google?

Posted via Android Central App

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Photos taken and stored on the SD card. Are they able to be auto backed up with google?

Yes. I just found that out the hard way when I put in an SDcard that had some photos on it from my old phone. They all got auto uploaded to Google ad soon as I enabled the feature.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I just found that out the hard way when I put in an SDcard that had some photos on it from my old phone. They all got auto uploaded to Google ad soon as I enabled the feature.

Heh heh, that is annoying isn't it, you're not alone...and doesn't it take a long time?

Jbartu

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
It'll ask to save to the SD card every time the SD is removed then inserted!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if my phone is incorrectly registering the SD card as newly inserted when powered on. I was hoping others had this issue, resulting in a fix in the next update...

khodr.chehab

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if my phone is incorrectly registering the SD card as newly inserted when powered on. I was hoping others had this issue, resulting in a fix in the next update...
It doesn't seem like a common issue.

I'd say try another SD card if available, then do soft reset, if non helped do a hard reset, if you are still having issues, then do to where you bought the phone from.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

pan1994a

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I know this thread is almost 1 year old but... my phone is doing the same... software version 20h..i also tried a hard reset... did you find a solution? ty

pan1994a

May 12, 2015
Visit site
So it seems to be software fault even though LG said they haven't received any report for this... which brand of sd card are you using guys? I have a 16gb lexar card

Nezzen

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Ditto, I am having the issue. Previous san disk 32gb card from earlier phone, LG G4 H815. If anyone finds a fix, would love to know!

wmdix

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with mine using a Samsung 64Gb card running build LRX21Y (Verizon VRS98524B). It start after the update to android 5.0.1. and is still around after the last update. Very annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress