Google contacts as default?

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I got used on my nexus 5 for my contact to be saved and synced with my Google by default, now contacts are going on phone memory, and if I want them to go to Google I have to change it from drop menu. It's there way around this? Live to save it and have it on all my devices...??? Thanks

Live long and prosper.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I didn't even know my Nexus 5 could save contacts to the phone memory instead of Google contacts. When I choose "contacts to display", the only choices offered are google and Skype; if I deleted the Skype app, Google would stand alone. There is no choice to save on phone locally.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I got used on my nexus 5 for my contact to be saved and synced with my Google by default, now contacts are going on phone memory, and if I want them to go to Google I have to change it from drop menu. It's there way around this? Live to save it and have it on all my devices...??? Thanks .

Contacts>Settings (3 dots upper right) >Contacts to display

Is this set to "Google" ?

I set mine to "Google" by default, any new contact I enter gets synced with my Google contacts.

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
My G3 saves all my new contacts to Google. I have Google set to display and it might have asked me at one point, but I forget.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, no...

I just tried it on my LS990, and that's exactly how it works. Every new contact added gets saved where the previous one was saved. IOW, if I save one to the phone, then next one, and the one after that, and so on, also get saved to to the phone. But when I save one to Google, all the following new contacts also get saved to Google.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I doubt this is really the answer, but it couldn't hurt to go into the app manager and clear cache for the app, then force close and restart it.

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I doubt this is really the answer, but it couldn't hurt to go into the app manager and clear cache for the app, then force close and restart it.
Didn't do the trick. Sadly, these days I'm adding bunch of new contacts for my project...

Live long and prosper.