cannot add bookmark widget

g2c

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Lg g3/android 5

Hello, when i install 1x1 or 4x4 bookmark widget, im am not given the possibility to choose a bookmark from my own set but rather bookmarks from yahoo or other popular sites,
Can anyone please help?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if it's accessing the bookmarks from the stock Browser, or any other browsers like Chrome?

Can you show us a screenshot of the bookmark selection screen that only shows Yahoo and those other popular sites? I'm wondering if there is an option on that screen to go up a folder level to see your own personal bookmarks folder. http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

g2c

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Do you know if it's accessing the bookmarks from the stock Browser, or any other browsers like Chrome?

Can you show us a screenshot of the bookmark selection screen that only shows Yahoo and those other popular sites? I'm wondering if there is an option on that screen to go up a folder level to see your own personal bookmarks folder. http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Thanks B. Biddy, I posted the question via the AC app and have not been notified about your reply, nor in the app neither by email(?!)

First let me add that on a samsung sm-t700 and xiaomi redmi2 I can place a bookmark widget of my choice though the widget is only a 4x4 and I am not given the choice for 1x1

Attached two pictures of upper and lower part of the screenshot

Screenshot_2016-04-14-18-04-41.jpg
Screenshot_2016-04-14-18-04-33.jpg

...and yes! These are from the stock browser which I never use

Thanks again

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In that case, the Bookmark widget is intended for use with the stock Browser, and not any other browser you may be using. It's only taking bookmarks from the stock Browser, and I would guess that this browser doesn't sync with your Chrome bookmarks (which is where I assume you have the bookmarks you want to use).

If you install the Chrome browser, there should be a separate widget for bookmarks, listed under Chrome. Can you find that?

g2c

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello Diddy, thanks for your reply. Once again i git no notification of it and its really upsetting and its not easy to even find my own question to see if it'd be answered. Anyway, i found that i can ask chrome to put a link on my home screen. Thank for your time

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Probably the best way to be aware of responses to your threads in the AC app is to first Favorite the thread by tapping the bookmark icon at the upper right. Then go to the Forums section, tap the dropdown menu at the top, and select Favorite Threads, where you'll see that list. Any thread with a new response that you haven't read will be bolded.

The other thing to do is on the main AC Forums website on your computer. Click on the Settings dropdown menu just to the right of your username and avatar, click on General Settings, then Default Thread Subscription Mode. Change it to "Instantly using Email, Push."