Okay, I'm sold...

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
That leather will be so spooged up after a few years it'll be like a petri dish of every pathogen known to mankind...no thanks.

Not to mention how if you have it on your desk and your using one of the functions it'll wobble like crazy.

It is leather that can be cleaned easy with saddle soap. Leather can be re-Stained and restored easy that seems to get better with age. Then again leather is a option and it comes in three colors with plastic backs for people with fear of germs.

That Quantum dot display is the future of new TV's that will obsolete OLED that were going to be the future display technology. Quantum dot is faster, brighter, more colors and uses less energy. However this technology is very new but LG is one of the biggest leaders of both OLED and Quantum dot.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how it's going to "blow" the S6 out of the water, the S6 is a pretty good phone even if you're not excited by it. The fact that it doesn't have replaceable battery/sd card and therefore won't be a good phone has been disproved by the millions of other phones that have sold without them. The G4 will be big, not everyone wants to carry around a massive phone, I certainly don't but I'm waiting in case it turns out to be different than the leaks.

The cameras on the S6 are at the top in the phone arena, maybe the G4 will be better maybe not, but if it is it'll be a marginal improvement not a quantum leap as you're making it sound.

The only great thing about the S6/S6 edge is the way the phone looks. Functionally, it sucks.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I've never owned a LG phone before, but have looked at quite a few of them.

I'm actually excited about the 4 and with the leaked pictures of it. I love quality leather and being able to have the option of having it on my phone is a real plus. I just wished they offered the black with red stitching on it.

The folks who worry about it holding germs crack me up. Just how many sick people do they allow to handle their phones I wonder, or how little they follow personal hygiene precautions and wash their own hands?

The camera, screen, and sound quality output is what I am most interested in and having wireless charging, a replaceable battery along with a removable SD card makes this a highly anticipated phone for 2015. The fact that it doesn't have front firing speakers while somewhat upsetting and what I am used to with my M8 isn't a deal breaker as long as what they have is loud enough for the speaker phone and the quality is excellent for my various cans and buds.

While the M9 is a good phone and the s6 is too I am hoping that the new 4 wins me over and from the leaks looks like they just might.

Can't wait to see the full head to head reviews on it.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The folks who worry about it holding germs crack me up. Just how many sick people do they allow to handle their phones I wonder, or how little they follow personal hygiene precautions and wash their own hands?

You'll have plenty of spooge just like anyone else, your hygiene habits aside. However I could care less who gets what, but in the unlikely event I wind up with the G4 I'll have good 'ol plastic.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Just curious, are the specs in post #2 definitive? If they are I can just bag this phone and go with the smaller S6, size is a big deal since it lives in my pocket most of the day.

Douglas_B

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Just curious, are the specs in post #2 definitive? If they are I can just bag this phone and go with the smaller S6, size is a big deal since it lives in my pocket most of the day.

Some of the info shown in post 2 was found to be placeholder (such as kitkat 4.4.4 and the camera specs). The size should be 149.1 x 75.3 x 8.9 mm, slightly larger than last years model.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
At 5.5, it's competing with note 4, I'm not sure which one I would pick......

But I'm glad LG is sticking to removable battery and sd slot. When my note 3 dies, I will give LG a fair opportunity.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I buy my phones unlocked, because I don't like the BS carriers do to these phones, unless it's T-Mo.

I also have a G3 and it gets through a day. My friend also has one and can get 5 hours and 45 minutes of SOT simply by turning off wakelocks on all apps minus SystemUI (yeah, his phone is rooted and runs CM12).

Me too. I also prefer stock Android. No matter which phone I have I do the same things: text, calls, a few apps, and not much more. I don't need a $700+ phone for that. If money was no object, I would always have the latest and greatest. But I'm far from rich. I'm also not some super VIP, and runs 15 apps at once type of person. I suspect most people are similar to me, but people just like having the best even if they don't need it. Bragging rights? Ego?

Have fun with your new toy. I hope it enriches your lives.

escondido

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes this phone looks like a beast. I think it will be the best phone released this year. Unfortunately I do not sign contracts and this will likely be too expensive. I will stick with my G2 until some of these flagship age a bit and come down in price.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Me too. I also prefer stock Android. No matter which phone I have I do the same things: text, calls, a few apps, and not much more. I don't need a $700+ phone for that. If money was no object, I would always have the latest and greatest. But I'm far from rich. I'm also not some super VIP, and runs 15 apps at once type of person. I suspect most people are similar to me, but people just like having the best even if they don't need it. Bragging rights? Ego?

Have fun with your new toy. I hope it enriches your lives.

I typically will exchange phones every 12-15 months and do enjoy getting the latest technology. With the current (for now) subsidized phone cost,using might kids' upgrade makes this painless and about an even swap after selling my old phone. This model of course is changing.
I do find though that the differences year to year aren't as drastic,and I don't mind hanging on to my g3 longer unless the g4 or note 5 blow me away.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, RAW camera mode caught my eye, a lot of possibilities with that. I'd prefer a Kevlar back though, or maybe a fabric back like Moto is using now. Nice part about a swappable back though is that...well, it's swappable. :)

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
This looks great so far! It hits all of the things I'm looking for in my next phone: ips screen (I'm too nervous about burn in with samsung phones), expandable storage, 5+ inches in size, and decent camera. If the hands-on reviews are positive at the reveal I'll pre-order right away.

I have a note 2 and I have a burn in image of the notification bar. Not really noticeable unless you are like me, trying to see if it is really there. But if I just go about my normal business, I don't notice it.

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
That leather will be so spooged up after a few years it'll be like a petri dish of every pathogen known to mankind...no thanks.

Not to mention how if you have it on your desk and your using one of the functions it'll wobble like crazy.

And its removable so you could replace it when it gets nasty. Hopefully you dont keep your toothbrush for 3 years? Also leather is very easy to clean and maintain...

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, RAW camera mode caught my eye, a lot of possibilities with that. I'd prefer a Kevlar back though, or maybe a fabric back like Moto is using now. Nice part about a swappable back though is that...well, it's swappable. :)

love kevlar, don't understand why more companies don't use it

Posted via the Android Central App

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
My first smartphone was the Motorola droid, I have since upgraded every time to a Moro phone (droid to razr Maxx to droid Maxx)

The G3 was my first phone that wasn't a Motorola. I did not care for the UI, the battery didn't last as long as the Maxx (it did last all day for the most part so this wasn't much of an issue) and I learned my personal size limit for phones, the G3 was ALMOST too big

But I love the camera compared to my previous droids. If I were to go back to a Moro phone I know in my heart I would never be as content with picture quality.

That's why I am so interested in the G4. The camera is an improvement to a camera I am already happy with, I can't complain there. I'm only nervous about the slight increase in size since I have always felt like my G3 was teetering on the edge of being too big.

Either way I will have to hold it in my hands to see if it is something I can tolerate or if it's a deal breaker.

Posted via Android Central App

Douglas_B

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
In case anyone is interested - I used the press renders from the G3 and G4, adjusted the size in photoshop so that the screens are identical (since both have a 5.5 inch display) and put them side by side to get a general idea of the dimension/look. Here's my best guess at the moment (G4 on the left, G3 on the right):

size.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress