Global unlocked G4 (LG-H815) users....

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
You want the carrier unlocked one. I think there is only one version. You can find them on ebay

Posted via the Android Central App

Not quite

Turns out the H815 is the closest but for AT&T it's still missing band 29 which likely isn't a big deal, yet?

H815T seems to be missing band 2 which I'm told IS important these days.

The carrier version for AT&T has band 29 so they must have thought that important enough to put in.

Seems none of the versions cover band 30 though.

I decided to go with the carrier version this time.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
It's a shame that it's so difficult to purchase this device unlocked. Maybe, a few months on, it will show up at places beside the bay.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Not quite

Turns out the H815 is the closest but for AT&T it's still missing band 29 which likely isn't a big deal, yet?

H815T seems to be missing band 2 which I'm told IS important these days.

The carrier version for AT&T has band 29 so they must have thought that important enough to put in.

Seems none of the versions cover band 30 though.

I decided to go with the carrier version this time.
I ordered the H815 through Clove Technologies in the UK. Reputable seller, and the phone has already shipped. I'd highly recommend them.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure I will. I had the G3 for a while, and really enjoyed it. Really looking forward to giving this a spin.

Well i liken the G4 to the M9 in the sense that not much changed in design.

Whilst i very much like the M9 for many reasons but not listing as this is the G4 forums lol

The G4 was more assertive in improving what it needed to.

The Camera for example not that the G3's optics were lacking but this is most certainly a step up or two lol

The Screen atleast for my eyes has improved in terms of colour accuracy and brightness.

At this point I'm not finding any negatives worth noting.

The buzzz begins.....yours is on its way :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You had to change the APN to get LTE?

They(AT&T store) had to change something . I fiqured that what it was though.I had to go to AT&T to get a Sim card anyhoo so thats the original reason I went to the store
The phone had picked up somethings on its on but they had to manually enter new info and deleted the old info.Then it worked on data, and LTE

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Well i liken the G4 to the M9 in the sense that not much changed in design.

Whilst i very much like the M9 for many reasons but not listing as this is the G4 forums lol

The G4 was more assertive in improving what it needed to.

The Camera for example not that the G3's optics were lacking but this is most certainly a step up or two lol

The Screen atleast for my eyes has improved in terms of colour accuracy and brightness.

At this point I'm not finding any negatives worth noting.

The buzzz begins.....yours is on its way :)

Absolutely agree with you with what I highlighted. I feel like its a 'Refined' G3. While they may of not made much changes aesthetically (minus that subtle curve!), they improved on many things all around. I loved my G3 but this G4 is an improvement over it.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely agree with you with what I highlighted. I feel like its a 'Refined' G3. While they may of not made much changes aesthetically (minus that subtle curve!), they improved on many things all around. I loved my G3 but this G4 is an improvement over it.

"I loved my G3 but this G4 is an improvement over it"

I agree in the Key area's Lg have stepped it up.

Build has improved design very similar.

Speaker whilst still on the rear (i dont like this placement) front facing is just the sensible option (Spoilt with my M9) its still rich in low end and loud enough, improved over the G3.

Camera wow its a fine shooter even on auto which all my shots have been to date, you will get great pictures. But of course there is alot more available which is fantastic.

Processor (ignore benchmarks) so far this G4 has been blazingly fast and fluid and hasn't missed a beat.

Battery is so far been great and cant see that changing unless that's down to me installing an app that drains.

There are personal dislikes but that's software features that i don't particularly like, so im not listing as its down to my preferences.

So far, so goooood:)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
They(AT&T store) had to change something . I fiqured that what it was though.I had to go to AT&T to get a Sim card anyhoo so thats the original reason I went to the store
The phone had picked up somethings on its on but they had to manually enter new info and deleted the old info.Then it worked on data, and LTE

Thats more than likely what they changed. I had just regular 3g speeds when I activated my device (H815) with T-Mobile. Thanks to Tardus, one of our helpful members here, told me to change the APN, I had blazing 4G speeds! Glad you have yours up and running!

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I just ordered my GoPhone SIM from AT&T today. It sounds like I should probably make a trip to AT&T and cancel my online order...

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine last night and got it set up just now.

All i did was pop my at&t sim from my G3 and it was good to go. More impressions later.

Wahoo!!!

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine last night and got it set up just now.

All i did was pop my at&t sim from my G3 and it was good to go. More impressions later.

Wahoo!!!

Did you have to do anything special with the settings to get LTE speeds?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non