G4 Leather Case Options?

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My black leather back is very slippery. Not like the more natural somewhat sticky leather on the MotoX. It's almost like it has a coating on it. Kind of disappointed in that, but it looks nice. I hate the idea of a case and hate the idea of bumpers as well, but it feels so slippery that there may be a need in certain situations. I was only considering very thin minimal cases in any case. So on Amazon etc, there are several entries (like the Spigen for instance) that say NOT compatible with the leather version. Even some bumpers say that. So the question is has anyone looked into this with a solution?

(this reminds me of when the G2 came out and the Verizon version had a different back than some others and there were two size cases)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Try cleaning it with a little saddle soap. What you're feeling may be some type of wax or polish they used at the factory. Leather needs some time to break in and become more natural feeling when dyed, just as black leather shoes do or a new black belt or wallet.

Give it time

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Try cleaning it with a little saddle soap. What you're feeling may be some type of wax or polish they used at the factory. Leather needs some time to break in and become more natural feeling when dyed, just as black leather shoes do or a new black belt or wallet.

Give it time

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.

Absolutely do the saddle soap.

Posted via the Android Central App

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I did just that and some leather oil. It's still very slippery on the sides of the phone. I'm trying to get used to it so as not to have to cover it up. I would have preferred a softer pliable leather though. Anyway it looks nice.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I did just that and some leather oil. It's still very slippery on the sides of the phone. I'm trying to get used to it so as not to have to cover it up. I would have preferred a softer pliable leather though. Anyway it looks nice.

I understand the brown leather isn't a slick - it has a different texture. I'm going that route - I'm waiting to see if any other avenues open up other than eBay.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I understand the brown leather isn't a slick - it has a different texture. I'm going that route - I'm waiting to see if any other avenues open up other than eBay.

That's probably right from what I can see. I'm trying to get used to being extra careful. Already fumbled it in the car. I don't see why manufacturers don't under stand that shiny slick molding around a phone isn't such a good idea. I would have liked a matte black edge of some kind rather than some fake chromed plastic. Anyway, if anyone finds a ultra thin minimalistic style case that fits the leather, let us know.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The Brown is definitely more of a natural leather feel. I went to T-Mobile to look at it and I am sold, ordered one from eBay as soon as I got home.

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the brown leather version from T-mobile. It does feel slippery at all. I'm still looking for a bumper case that doesn't cover the leather back just to protect it from inevitable drops. Have not had any luck finding one. Have searched many pages of listing on Amazon.com.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
So I don't have my att black leather g4 yet (best buy) but I was lurking at the att store.
They are clueless about it. Said the lg rep was in talking about a leather case (not back mind you) that they had a bogo on. There is no such animal I can see. Not to get off on a rant,but good lord good customer service is dead (old man rant over).

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the brown leather version from T-mobile. It does feel slippery at all. I'm still looking for a bumper case that doesn't cover the leather back just to protect it from inevitable drops. Have not had any luck finding one. Have searched many pages of listing on Amazon.com.

Here you go, came up a couple days ago. But ships from China and takes half a month. I ordered one since it is so cheap.
Amazon.com: Sandistore for LG G4 F500 Ultra Thin Aluminum Metal Bumper Frame Case (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

czervik85

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Insignia tpu case from Best Buy for the moment. They sell it for$10. Fits ok at the corners but the lip doesn't really come up all the way around the sides. This should be just a temporary solution. The only other two i think cover the leather are from verus and ringke

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
To me the ones compatible with the leather are just way to bulky and ugly to even consider. All the nice ones are non leather compatible so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress