Google Photos won't stop syncing!

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
On my note 4 I don't have the Google photos backup. Just Google+ photos. Not that long ago Google released their own photos app that was different than the one with Google+ can you disable the Google photos in application manager? If you done use google+ we can disable that also

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Google Photos can't be "Disabled" since its a downloaded app but as I said once you installed the Google Photos app the photo part from Google+ disappears from Google+ for good and everything goes straight from the Photos app

Posted via the Android Central App

Miller6386

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
OK so you did download the new app. Is it something you use? Can you just delete it? I didn't add it to my phone because I don't use google+ and I use quick pic for my gallery. I'd send Google an email on it and tell them there is a bug and it wants to sync and keeps turning itself on

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
OK so you did download the new app. Is it something you use? Can you just delete it? I didn't add it to my phone because I don't use google+ and I use quick pic for my gallery. I'd send Google an email on it and tell them there is a bug and it wants to sync and keeps turning itself on

I wish there is something I could just delete and it will fix its self but unfortunately it's not the case!

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is your google photos app updated? If so, go into your google photos, click Settings -> Backup and Sync -> And switch it to off. I think ever since Google Photos got separated from Google+, it uses it own switch to turn off and on the Backup.

I use the new Google Photos to backup and it is awesome because it has free unlimited storage for full size pic taken on the G4.

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Found the source of the problem!
I got at least 164 pictures that has to back up but for some odd reason it won't do so, so the system trys again and again to upload it, the number grows with every picture I receive

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I got at least 164 pictures that has to back up but for some odd reason it won't do so, so the system trys again and again to upload it, the number grows with every picture I receive

That's why I stopped using Google music and photo synching... it never seemed to be able to deal with large numbers of files. It should, in theory, be able to handle it.

I use Dropbox (I pay $10/month for 1 TB) and FolderSync -- never any problems.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Found the source of the problem!

That's why I moved to One Drive. You can buy the 1 year Office 365 personal subscriptions on Amazon for under $30 and not only do you get office but you get 1TB of storage.

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
That's why I stopped using Google music and photo synching... it never seemed to be able to deal with large numbers of files. It should, in theory, be able to handle it.

I use Dropbox (I pay $10/month for 1 TB) and FolderSync -- never any problems.

FolderSync is to chose all folders to be uploaded?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
FolderSync is to chose all folders to be uploaded?

You can chose which folders you want to sync, and can include sub-folders, and then which cloud to sync to, and which folder in cloud (dropbox folder, if you're using dropbox) to sync with. You can do 2-way synching, where the files are always the same, or 1-way synching either way (so you can do, for instance, a sync where any music you add to your cloud gets downloaded to your phone.) You can tell it how often to sync (or to use manual sync), whether to always use WIFI, etc., and how you want to handle things like files that have been updated. You can sync to pretty well any cloud storage or FTP.

There's both a lite version and a pay version, but I've always just used the lite version. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....android.foldersync.lite&hl=en&token=HkPauiis

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
You can chose which folders you want to sync, and can include sub-folders, and then which cloud to sync to, and which folder in cloud (dropbox folder, if you're using dropbox) to sync with. You can do 2-way synching, where the files are always the same, or 1-way synching either way (so you can do, for instance, a sync where any music you add to your cloud gets downloaded to your phone.) You can tell it how often to sync (or to use manual sync), whether to always use WIFI, etc., and how you want to handle things like files that have been updated. You can sync to pretty well any cloud storage or FTP.

There's both a lite version and a pay version, but I've always just used the lite version. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....android.foldersync.lite&hl=en&token=fHujN1e8

Thanks will try that

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

There's both a lite version and a pay version, but I've always just used the lite version. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....android.foldersync.lite&hl=en&token=HwEGPn-e

Could you explain me a few things how it works please?
#1 Main: Let's say I set it up to sync to my DB every 5 minutes will it sync everything in that folder again or only new stuff in that folders?
#2 how does 2 way and 1 way work?
#3 is there a setting to where whenever it detects new stuff in the folder it should upload and not by timing?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Could you explain me a few things how it works please?
#1 Main: Let's say I set it up to sync to my DB every 5 minutes will it sync everything in that folder again or only new stuff in that folders?
#2 how does 2 way and 1 way work?
#3 is there a setting to where whenever it detects new stuff in the folder it should upload and not by timing?

I'll post screenshots in my next post, but in short:

1) Yes, that's the way it works by default, only uploading new files. There is, however, a setting so that if you delete a file on Dropbox it won't try to upload it again.

2) Two way is used when you truly want file synching, so that your phone and dropbox always have the same files. One way is so that files on one end get pushed to the other.

3) Not that I know of... I believe you can have it synch periodically or by manually launching a synch, but not just when new files appear. EDIT: it's possible, but not recommended, " Instant sync: Select this for instant sync on change. Only detects changes on local device. Use with care!"

Last edited: