FoxFi And Knock Code

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
So, in order to use FoxFi, I need to create a certificate...which disables the knock code lockscreen feature (which I really like).

Does anyone know a way around this? I know I can clear the certificates when I'm done, but I don't want to have to change my lock screen every time I use FoxFi.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4 via Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can use the stock hotspot app, should work perfectly with the knock code.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I should have clarified, I still have Verizon Unlimited Data and therefore don't have the use of the built in Hotspot feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the knock code but I do use the knock to wake up and foxfi. I actually had to download an app called android lost. You set it up on your phone and online. It made it where I don't have to have a code to unlock my phone.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I should have clarified, I still have Verizon Unlimited Data and therefore don't have the use of the built in Hotspot feature.

Posted via the Android Central App
I have Verizon unlimited data and have the unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot addon. It works really well on my g4.

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I have Verizon unlimited data and have the unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot addon. It works really well on my g4.

What specific hotspot app are you using? The stock one on my phone requires activation.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No, I don't. Probably because I don't wanna pay that extra $30/month. Lol.

Just so you know, Using methods to bypass the hotspot authentication is probably a violation of the terms of service.

cowsquad

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

You are confusing people in here. You can use the hotspot built in,because you have paid 30 dollars for the add on. We are legacy unlimited data users so we cannot use that.

cowsquad

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Just so you know, Using methods to bypass the hotspot authentication is probably a violation of the terms of service.

This is funny. We all,root our phones in order to screw Verizon the same way they screw us.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You are confusing people in here. You can use the hotspot built in,because you have paid 30 dollars for the add on. We are legacy unlimited data users so we cannot use that.

He is also a legacy unlimited user -- You can do the same add-on as him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress