Could someone identify this house like notification icon?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure out what this icon is. It's not there all the time, but most of the time. It's the little house shape with a signal radiating out of it, between the bluetooth and the wifi icons.

Screenshot_2015-07-21-13-47-29.jpg

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I believe that means "network extender". I was getting that last week while visiting a vendor. I basically get no Verizon signal there, and I think the phone said something about a network extender, whatever that means. We have cell repeaters at work, and I don't get that symbol.

Maybe it means roaming?

Last edited:

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I believe that means "network extender". Is getting that last week while visiting a vendor. I basically get no Verizon signal there, and I think the phone said something about a network extender, whatever that means. We have cell repeaters at work, and I don't get that symbol.

Maybe it means roaming?

So I was totally wrong. It's not an app. Sorry grey.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As others said I can confirm that usually means you're connected to a Network Extender for Verizon.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
It is the icon that appears when you are connected to a network extender. I know for a fact, since I have a Verizon provided network extender in my house. If you don't have an extender, then someone in close proximity to you does.

David

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
As someone who has only ever been on GSM networks and without any sort of extenders, I thought your house was attempting to contact the mothership!

RobIgnatowicz

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Definitely not WiFi calling but for the record, you will find WiFi calling on Sprint and I can verify it works rather nicely.

Rob Ignatowicz
Sprint Ambassador