Sprint - $50 LG G4 Courtesy Credit (2 failed G4's later)

theragtopman

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I just received my Sprint bill in the mail and was surprised to see a $50 reduction for "LG G4 Courtesy Credit". Anyone else seeing the same credit on your bill? I haven't heard anything about this and I'm not seeing any other details on the bill. I'm wondering if they're acknowledging the high number of failed G4s and trying to make amends with customers?

I'm on my 3rd G4 and I'm cautiously optimistic this one will last a little longer than the first 2. I originally got a G4 and switched to Sprint back in early June. In mid July that G4 went into the infamous boot loop and was unusable. I took it to the Sprint store and one of their techs couldn't get it to work either. Fortunately, I'm paying for insurance and they offered to replace it. At that time, the tech said it was unusual and he hadn't seen many failed G4's. The replacement worked fine until mid-September and then same thing - the infamous boot loop. I took it into the Sprint store and the same tech didn't even try to fix it and told me they had so many failed G4s at that time they couldn't even offer me a G4 as a replacement - only a Samsung GS6. I said that was unacceptable and was referred to Sprint corporate and to their credit, they got creative and moved up my eligibility date and "sold" me a new one and shipped it out out ASAP and I sent the dead one back.

This is the longest a G4 has worked for me, so hopefully this one will continue to work as I really like the phone. And needless to say, I'm pretty happy to get the $50 credit. I have to admit, I've been pleasantly surprised with Sprint network coverage and speeds where I live and their customer service as well. Fingers crossed this G4 and Sprint continue to do so!

Chef_Andy

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I got the credit as well. On phone #5, but all the replacements came after a week or two, I've had my current phone for about 4 months without any issues.

Posted via the Android Central App