has anyone received the T-Mobile ota yet

Chris Rosas

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone received the lg g4 Android 6.0 over the air update yet? How long before we all have it ?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
One of the G4's on my account has it downloaded but not installed yet because I haven't had time to make sure it goes smoothly. I haven't checked the other 2 on my account.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
No OTA here yet. I installed MM on my wife's G4 (she's always in that first batch) via LG Bridge. I played with it for a while. Smooth performance, nice new animations and Doze!

Chris Rosas

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I been connecting my phone to lg bridge and nothing it says its up to date....do you thing updates roll out slowly on lg bridge too?

mgee16

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I keep getting the message "LG Airdrive is busy, try again later".
This is my first use of it, not sure if I have it set up correctly.
But I think I saw someone else was getting this also.
Are there any workarounds to get past this??
Would like to get this update already!

Carl_L

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I keep getting the message "LG Airdrive is busy, try again later".
This is my first use of it, not sure if I have it set up correctly.
But I think I saw someone else was getting this also.
Are there any workarounds to get past this??
Would like to get this update already!

"LG Airdrive is busy, try again later" means just what it says but it's flipping confusing when you 1st see it & the application is badly designed & poorly documented. LG don't help my making daft statements along the lines of "LG Bridge is now called LG Airdrive".

LG Bridge & LG Airdrive are completely different animals but LG have decided to confuse us by packaging them together. The 'Connect' button is for LG Airdrive only & connects your phone via WiFi - once connected this way, you cannot also connect via USB - you will get the busy message. You need to disconnect the Airdrive connection & then connect via USB - don't click 'Connect'

The USB Bridge connection can be a bit buggy & you might have to do things in a particular order - I & others have tried to assemble our thoughts elsewhere recently, so you may need to search 'LG Bridge' within the forum. I'd link it for you but I've gotta dash & got a very busy day ahead. Good luck!

Carl_L

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Quick copy/paste from another thread:

To summarise:

LG Air Drive & LG Bridge, whilst packaged together, ought to be kept apart - like the chicken & the fox - if you are connected by Air, you cannot connect by Bridge.

Once you've tried using Bridge & you (think you) have closed it, it's probably still running in the background (probably designed to auto-launch when you plug in USB but it doesn't work - at least not in Windows 10). It simply won't reconnect if it's already running. Look for it amongst hidden icons in the system tray & close with right-click. Once you're sure it's closed, connect USB (MTP mode) > download driver > allow connection > only then launch LG Bridge. DO NOT press 'Connect' as this is for Air & will prevent a USB Bridge connection.

Oops, now I'm going to be late.

Hindude

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I've got a factory unlocked G4 with Three mobile sim
MM half loaded via WiFi (initially) but had to leave the house. The remainder loaded via mobile data.
No problems. Loaded, installed, all hunky dory!

HeartQuintessence

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
No luck yet for the OTA on Tmobile, for me any way. Which I thought was weir since this marks what day 8, or day 10 ( depending on if they really did start the Waves on Feb 8th or Feb 10th.

It just says my system is up to date.

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Got it February 9th and running great with no problems. The keyboard lag that I have dealt with since day one seems to be gone and battery life is better.

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Haven't gotten it yet either. But the good thing is that I've had time to formulate a battle plan for factory resetting my phone and saving as many settings to my SD card as I can. LG Bridge wouldn't back up my stuff for some reason, but I've got photos in Google photos and my card, SMS saved to the cloud, contacts saved. So hopefully it'll just be the tedious setting everything back but not too horrible. That's the fun part of updating, right??

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Also, sorry but I forgot to mention that LG Bridge did say that marshmallow was available to update, but since it wouldn't back up my phone I didn't trust it to install the update. Maybe my MacBook is the culprit, it's old!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
You can use the LG Backup app that came with your phone. You can save it to the cloud or to you SD Card.

As far as Bridge goes, I say go for it. I used it to install 6.0 on my wife's phone with no problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch