Verizon LG G4 to Marshmallow???

JosephJacobs

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I've had an lg g4 (verizon, model VS986) for a while now and have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of marshmallow to my phone. However, after a while I realized that every source I checked said that the update was already out for verizon g4 users.

I learned that I could upgrade my phone using LG bridge, but for the life of me I can't get the phone to connect to a computer -- I've tried 3 computers (windows and mac), various cords, various ports, turning on usb debugging and installing various drivers but every time I plug my phone into LG Bride it loads for a while and tells me it can't connect, and that I should unplug the cable and try again.

Is my phone simply unable to connect to a computer? Am I ever going to get the green light for an OTA update?

Many thanks,
Joseph

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had an lg g4 (verizon, model VS986) for a while now and have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of marshmallow to my phone. However, after a while I realized that every source I checked said that the update was already out for verizon g4 users.

I learned that I could upgrade my phone using LG bridge, but for the life of me I can't get the phone to connect to a computer -- I've tried 3 computers (windows and mac), various cords, various ports, turning on usb debugging and installing various drivers but every time I plug my phone into LG Bride it loads for a while and tells me it can't connect, and that I should unplug the cable and try again.

Is my phone simply unable to connect to a computer? Am I ever going to get the green light for an OTA update?

Many thanks,
Joseph
Hi Joseph,

Are you able to update wirelessly by going into system settings > software updates? If not, then follow the information provided by Verizon here to update: LG G4 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I would also suggest uninstalling the downloads you already tried to install onto your computer and try again. Let us know us know if that helps.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Joseph, do yourself a favour and don't upgrade! Stick with Lollipop. Google G4 battery problems after Marshmallow update and you'll see what I mean. Upgrade, and your battery is going to drop like you would not believe.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
You're like the only person I know who wants to upgrade to that garbage. If I could take your Lollipop I'd give you my MM in exchange gladly. That's the one thing that made me hate this phone. Tomorrow I take delivery of a new S7 and I'm done with the G4 and MM forever.

Good riddance, worst update ever.