Screen using 87% of battery life

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Battery on my LG g4 cell phone keeps dying in only an hour or two. When I looked at the battery usage it said the screen was using 87% of the battery. Phone is at 70% charged now and is saying I have 30 minutes of charge left. Any ideas on how to fix this? The brightness isn't turned up all the way and when I click on the save power button next to the display option, the screen is almost blacked out.

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

Here are some suggestions I have based on what you described above:

1. Is your screen timeout setting set to the max on Android (usually 30 minutes)? You can access this by going to Settings > Display > Sleep (see what its currently set to).
2. Is there a rogue app or background service continually waking the screen and not allowing it to sleep? This is a little harder to track, and will likely require a 3rd party app. I'd recommend Gsam battery. We might be able to pin point what exactly is causing to keep the screen awake to show that kind of usage. Would you be able to post a screen shot of your battery usage page so we can see what else is going on there?

Here is a link to Gsam:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en