Still love this phone

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had the G5 since day one though I did return for a couple of weeks while waiting for the HTC 10 to come out. During that time I tried a Nexus 6P which was great except it was huge. I might have stayed with the 6P it it had supported Verizon visual voicemail and wireless calling. I also was hesitant about the 6P because it had the 810 processor and I think less than the G5. The wide angle camera in the G5 won me over too. I repurchased a new G5 prior to the HTC being released because I scored a terrific deal on EBay. When the HTC came out I wasnt that impressed so I'm still here. The camera, expandible memory, swappable battery makes the G5 stand out for me. I don't care that they didn't do a good job with the mods. This phone is fast and reliable. The GPS isn't as strong as it should be but I've gotten it work for my driving needs....it seems to need a clear shot at the sky most of the time. My Droid Maxx had. Better GPS but Motos are known for having the best radio.
The bottom line is the G5 is a keeper. Despites the touted negatives I'm happy with the build quality and I actually think its a great looking phone. Wish I didn't have to keep it in a case.

Posted via the Android Central App